Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My BEST smoothie yet!
Posted by: Amarynth ()
Date: August 10, 2009 03:17PM

I have never in my entire life tried kale, so I bought some the other day with the intent of using it in a smoothie. I wanted to try some before hand however, and ate about a cup of the kale chopped with some tomato, red onion, garlic and some olive oil. Delicious. This morning I decide to use it in my morning smoothie...about 2 handfuls of kale, 2 bananas and a cup of blueberries. I also added a bit of Agave nectar and some vanilla bean. Delicious! I'm devouring it as we speak, but I'm afraid I made too much, as I am getting full! I still have a half a blender full.

Also, since I've started to eat raw foods, I have felt so much better physically and I am losing weight. Down 6 pounds in about 3 weeks. I can't wait to go to the doctor for my bloodwork to see how that is. smiling smiley

I love raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My BEST smoothie yet!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:28PM

Amarynth,

I love kale smoothies! I just bought some lacinato kale and I am looking forward to my green smoothie tomorrow, lunchtime. I love raw, too : )

Posted by: fiddler1 ()
Date: August 10, 2009 05:55PM

One of my favourite is kale (fresh picked from my garden in the morning!), bee pollen, cacao nibs, banana, fresh orange juice and a dash of cayenne pepper if you really want a jump start on the day.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: August 10, 2009 10:46PM

Kale is the green I use the MOST in my smoothies. Good pick! Sounds yummy. I LOVE Kale!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 11, 2009 02:47PM

I add collard greens to most of my smoothies (I cut out the middle stem). I had an oj/mango/banana one this morning.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: thenewguy ()
Date: August 11, 2009 03:50PM

I've been using Kale for the last 4 days as well. I blend kale, a banana, ground flax, agave and water.

I've found that it can get bitter if I use too much kale though.

Posted by: Amarynth ()
Date: August 11, 2009 09:55PM

I made another one this morning, and though it was good it was not as knock out as the one I made yesterday. I realized why a little bit later. I forgot the agave and vanilla bean! smiling smiley That's okay, it was still good and I drank it all. That's such a good way of getting the greens in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables