Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

gut pain and feeling weird
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:00PM

As soon as I get back to London I start feeling tired. I had a lot of gut pain last night. but it is probably due to over eating srouted lentles. Ive had 2 BMs which are formed no blood so that is good. I know stress effects my condition. could It just be because I don't like london can stress really make you un well.

Maybe I should have a melon fast day, would this be a good idea to heal UC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gut pain and feeling weird
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:31PM

Hellokitty,

Please focus on moving out of the city; if you have this to look forward to, it could largely reduce your stress : )

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:48PM

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. I've kind of being following your posts. I have IBD too. Are you normally comfortable after eating lentils? I can eat those at all, I think its all the combining of the nutrients. Maybe try to eat more simply. That seems to work for me.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 14, 2009 04:32PM

wow can stress ever make you feel unwell for sure !

i had this job at one time that caused me so much anxiety that i would literally wake up everymorning and have the dry heaves , retching , almost throwing up. in turn that caused me muscle spasms in my back and chest, my throat got extremely raspy

on sunday nights my mind would start racing with anxiety about work on monday and i felt so muchc relief on fridays that the week was over

needless to say i got out of that job winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 14, 2009 05:13PM

Thanks Lizard, eveyone on this form has told me to eat more simply. its the hardest thing for me to do. I don't know why. I know about mono meals but struggle to do them. anyway my husband got me some melon for dinner. That should help tonight. nothing heavey.

I have had no problems with sprouts until today then all of a sudden i got this stomach pain. Ive been eating raw hummus for 3 weeks. I think maybe because i had raw hummus for lunch and dinner yester day. that was a mistake.

anyway i do need to keep trying to think simple.

I think it is partly stress as well. I just got back into work from my holiday, and even though i have a good job i still get stressed for nothing really

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 14, 2009 05:20PM

edited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 05:21PM by EZ rider.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 14, 2009 06:53PM

I totally understand. I struggle with stress too. And on days when I'm stressed, no matter what I eat and even if I don't eat my stomach hurts. I always say stomach, but I guess I should say colon! he he . Wow your lucky you can eat raw hummus and sprouts from lentils. Well have a great weekend and hopefully you can get some rest and fun insmiling smiley I think you're doing a great job. I worked with Paul for a bit too. I liked his way, I just got bored without alot of fruit. Once I added more fruit, my meals simplified. I try to never ever combine fruit. I just eat one fruit at time and try to wait 3 hours before switching to another sweet fruit. Seems to work well, but we are all so different, you'll find what works for you toosmiling smiley

Date: August 14, 2009 08:11PM

Thanks Lizard,

My dinner is very simple tonight-

Just melon,

Thats cool you worked with Paul. He is my UC idle at the moment. i guess because if he didn't make his books I would have never thought that you could eat raw foods and heal UC. I would have been at the mercy of the NHS. AHHHHHHHHHH sad smiley

I didn't really understand Paul Nisons way though. I kind of got confused with all the greens and no fruit. It seemed that I could not maintain my weight. I now know he is not 100% raw so it makes a little more sence. Im not quite sure what he does. Every one on this form has been faboulous I wouldent have leant how to eat, and with all the emotional support as well.

Thanks everyone smiling smiley

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: August 14, 2009 08:18PM

HelloKitty,

I'm sorry to hear your aren't feeling well. I hope the melon fast works as well. I wonder if adding some meditation wouldn't be a helpful adjunct to aid developing mindfulness and managing stress. Two recommendations: one book, one website. The book is Whereever you go, there you are by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Probably the best plain english book I've ever read on mindfulness meditation. There is also a suprisingly easy method of breathing meditation called the Pause Method. It's described in more detail here. [www.meditationiseasy.com] Let us know how it is going.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 08:18PM by pborst.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables