Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ruining the organic produce
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: August 18, 2009 03:35AM

I find it annoying at the local store here in the produce section theres a whole row of all organic produce, greens,cauliflower,brocolli,celery,beets etc.
and they spray them with tap water with those stupid sprinkler systems you know.
Tap water is full of chlorine and bad things and I feel they are ruining the produce now am I being anal anal or am I right?
Same goes for the whole washing thing youre supposed to wash the produce but how
can you do this when all you have is tap water, I dont have a filter as of right now on my tap but do the filters really filter out the bad things? how can a filter filter out chlorine?
Im thinking about asking the produce manager if he can set aside things for me to buy so theyre not sprayed with the water, lol, Im sorry but tap water is NASTY!
Some say "well water" is ok like when you live in the country and not the city you have well water but I dont think its good either.
Then theres the plastic issue of bottled water. Plastic is not safe but where can you buy water in glass containers or bottles? You cant, at least Ive never seen it anywhere here where I live.
I personally LOVE Arrowhead, it tastes so clean and GOOD! But it only comes in plastic bottles or jugs.
Same with distilled water, all plastic.
Ok IM done...LOL!
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ruining the organic produce
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 18, 2009 04:24AM

I think the plants do some filtering of what they take in and thats why the water in plants is said to be so pure.
When it comes to things that I have little or no control over I go with the old saying "do your best and leave the rest".

Re: Ruining the organic produce
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:29AM

roadrunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I find it annoying at the local store here in the
> produce section theres a whole row of all organic
> produce, greens,cauliflower,brocolli,celery,beets
> etc.
> and they spray them with tap water with those
> stupid sprinkler systems you know.
> Tap water is full of chlorine and bad things and I
> feel they are ruining the produce now am I being
> anal anal or am I right?
> Same goes for the whole washing thing youre
> supposed to wash the produce but how
> can you do this when all you have is tap water, I
> dont have a filter as of right now on my tap but
> do the filters really filter out the bad things?
> how can a filter filter out chlorine?
> Im thinking about asking the produce manager if he
> can set aside things for me to buy so theyre not
> sprayed with the water, lol, Im sorry but tap
> water is NASTY!
> Some say "well water" is ok like when you live in
> the country and not the city you have well water
> but I dont think its good either.
> Then theres the plastic issue of bottled water.
> Plastic is not safe but where can you buy water in
> glass containers or bottles? You cant, at least
> Ive never seen it anywhere here where I live.
> I personally LOVE Arrowhead, it tastes so clean
> and GOOD! But it only comes in plastic bottles or
> jugs.
> Same with distilled water, all plastic.
> Ok IM done...LOL!
> Rob

The sprinkler system bothers me as well - what can you do? My local organic/natural store soaks everything down so badly; when I get it home, I have to dry everything & put a fan on it to assist in drying or it will rot it a matter of a few days in the refrigerator.

I agree, well water not good; Most country (out in the "sticks"winking smiley well water/spring water supplies are laden with nitrates/nitrites, chemicals/pesticides and more from run-off from fields that have been fertilized & other sources. We had our tested and neighbors' have as well, & it was nasty!

We currently use a Berkey filter system, but that is a canister type that you have to dump water into. It is inconvenient, but all I can do at this time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables