Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do your tonsils tell you when you ate something bad?
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: August 22, 2009 02:06PM

A question for those who have been raw for sometime, and eat simply (and really anyone else who cares to chime in):

I've noticed that since eating more fresh raw foods (less gourmet stuff), that whenever I eat something "bad" like cooked food, or something with a lot of salt, my tonsils feel sore right afterwards. It goes away after a little while, but I can always count on them to remind when I am not eating my best. Healthy, fresh, raw foods never do that to me. I've read that tonsils are our first line of defense against toxins as they enter our body. I know a lot of people had theirs removed back when doctors thought they knew everything (wait, they still think that!), and wanted to do away with our "unneeded" or "problematic" organs (instead of helping people clean up their diets--the cause of the organ's symptoms and failures). But for those of you who still have your tonsils, do you experience this?

Another thing...awhile ago I made a nori wrap and got some Nama Shoyu to dip it in (which I always used to LOVE) and I found as I tasted it, it was WAY too much of a heavy flavor to me (the nama shoyu)...it lost it's appeal (physically, to my body) and it was like my tastebuds were on overload. I used to LOVE that stuff. Now, my body was telling me: enough.

If I go back to cooked foods for too long, I begin to lose these sensitivities (and generally feel crappy again). I think it's so neat how our body will "talk" to us, if we treat it right and listen.

Thoughts? Anyone experienced the tonsil thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do your tonsils tell you when you ate something bad?
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: August 22, 2009 05:41PM

You're absolutely right. The tonsils are often the first warning signs when something is wrong with our body - bacterial infection, virus, low immune system, etc. So it stands to reason that when you re-introduce toxins into your body, your body will react alot faster because your system has been "cleaned out" and will be more sensitive to the "bad stuff." So it is perfectly logical to have swollen or painful or sore or spotty tonsils when the body is re-exposed to toxins.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Re: Do your tonsils tell you when you ate something bad?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 22, 2009 08:33PM

My parents had my Tonsils removed when I was a little
boy. I still haven't gotten over it.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables