Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

veggie wraps
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2009 01:47AM

Hi everyone I started raw 3 weeks ago and its great even though i had some detox problems. I still cook for my family as they aren't raw and it doesn't bother me because i feel great eating raw. my question is this does anyone have a receipt for a veggie wrap the kind that you take kale with veggies and a sauce and make? I ate one at a raw food restaurant they went out of business. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: veggie wraps
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 03, 2009 07:43AM

There is a recipe section where you can post more recipe questions like this, but to get you started, here are some ideas:
*** For an ORIENTAL WRAP, choose a combination of vegetables from: grated carrot, shredded cabbage, thinly sliced bell pepper, julienne sliced zucchini, sliced mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, chopped tomatoes, chopped spinach, sliced almonds etc. Make a sauce/dressing with: cold pressed olive oil, nama shoyu (raw soy sauce), grated ginger, minced onion, sesame seeds, orange or lemon juice, pepper, garlic, agave (to sweeten), tahini (to thicken), etc. Wrap the mixture of veggies in a kale leaf like a burrito and cut it across the middle with a diagonal cut.
*** For a MEXICAN WRAP, the veggies could include tomatoes,cucumber, onion, celery, parsley, corn kernels, bell pepper, sunflower seeds, etc. (Raisins are a nice surprise.) The dressing could include a blend of minced jalapeno pepper or chili powder, cumin, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, apple cider vinegar or lime juice and mashed avocado. Wrap the mixture of veggies in a kale leaf like a burrito and cut it across the middle.
*** For an ITALIAN WRAP, the veggies could include zucchini strips, mushrooms, grated carrot, celery slices, parsley, and minced onion. The dressing could be a blend of tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, crushed garlic, oregano, basil leaves, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. (Cinnamon is a good "secret" ingredient in the dressing/sauce.) Wrap the mixture of veggies in a kale leaf like a burrito and cut it across the middle.
*** For an INDIAN CURRY WRAP the veggies could include shredded cabbage, cashews, chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, minced onion, celery, and parsley, Make the sauce/dressing with a blend of sesame seeds, bananas, coconut meat and milk, garam masala, and cilantro. Wrap the mixture of veggies in a kale leaf like a burrito and cut it on an angle across the middle.
You'll get good at adjusting seasonings and adding some of your own. GOOD LUCK!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables