Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sea vegetables
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: September 03, 2009 09:05PM

The local vegetarian restaurant makes a great salad with a bright green sea vegetable. Does anyone know what it might be? My wakame is dark green. This is more of an emerald green.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sea vegetables
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 03, 2009 10:13PM

I found out what it was before. It wasn't an English word and it wasn't to be found at any Asian markets I went to. You have to get it fresh.....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2009 10:56PM

it's my absolute hands down favourite sea weed of them all. if anyone finds the name please, please let me know what it is. i don't know where to start looking for it. the market that i used to buy it at doesn't carry it anymore and even they have next to zero info on what it is so i can try finding it elsewhere. *frustrated*

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: September 03, 2009 11:32PM

Sea lettuce is emerald green when fresh and wispy thin.

[www.crd.bc.ca]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 04, 2009 02:42PM

there is a type of sea lettuc that is emerald green called Aosa ..

maybe/ ? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 04, 2009 03:12PM

i'll look them up and see if i can order some. this stuff is not all that thin though, it is hard to describe but it's a bit like wood ear mushroom that you can sometimes get at chinese restaurants sort of a purpley black flat thing, so delicious). it's got a lovely texture, chewyish, thickish, i don't know how to describe it. it's luscious.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: September 04, 2009 04:07PM

Thanks everyone. I'm going to be bold and ask the Chef. Will report back. Sea lettuce looks like a likely candidate. Don't recall seeing it in my local health food or ethnic market either. Utopian, thanks for the tip, will see if there is someone on the East Coast who delivers it fresh. Best.

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables