Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

still struggling
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 08, 2009 07:38AM

Ok so ive had a bit more blood today,

I think i will have to fast. should i do this with vegie jucie or sweet fruit juice.

what about giving up bananas for a couple of days. I havent as ive been just holding 105lb should i eat sweet fruits all day.

it seems that i struggle if i forget to drink water during the night, i know this was not good i should have been drinking more. but even if your constipated you should never bleed, thats bad

I also seem to get consitpated when i eat alot of greens, I like greens i feel that i need them. why would greens make you constipated. why would blended salads do this, when i first stated raw i used alot of them and got really constipated,

no blood though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: still struggling
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 08, 2009 08:12AM

when your @#$%& passes into the final stages of your digestive tract , the intestinal walls contract and relax (peristalis) moving things along ..squeezing whatever is left .. if there is too much liquid because the body system is not absorbing properly you get diareah .. if you have dry hard stools the system is pulling out too much fluid and you get constipation

dont go running out and drown yourself with water though ! (thas is a seperate hazard all its own )

what kind of juicer do you have? if you can have juice you will still get nutrients from your produce without the fiber irritating you

fruit or vegetable? i think you will have to experiment with that yourself , try one mono fruit juice see how it feels, give it time to digest ...etc etc

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 08, 2009 08:44AM

ok thanks.

Date: September 08, 2009 02:14PM

well here is my problem

my juicing went out the window today as i couldent get signed off for 1 day. so im back at work trying to cope with today. when im rushing to work i feel that i need something heavy. problably my mind is still on cooked foods. well i had bananas and lettus.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 09, 2009 01:28AM

Hi there everyone. Love this site! I am new at the raw food diet, three weeks now. I had a very strange experience, and would love it if you shared your views. I have been doing a lot of research on this, but not getting any answers!! Two days ago I was following a raw food recipe, {cashew coconut pudding] and I might have gotten a allergic reaction. I have had hives all over my body. They do not itch, but they keep moving to new places! I always eat cashews by the handful, and never had any problems. I do not get it. I really do not want to take the benidryl everyone is suggesting, looking for a more homeophathic approach.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 09, 2009 01:32AM

what else was in the recipie besides the cashews ... could you be allergic to the coconut? or something else? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 09, 2009 01:34PM

make sure they are orgnic nuts it could be the pestisides. I have alot of people who come into godiva saying they are allergic to nuts and get a reaction like hives.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables