Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a few ideas.
Posted by: Cappadocius ()
Date: September 05, 2009 02:17PM

I know that my journey which has only just begun is going to be a hard one. I cant totally give up certain foods just yet. I cant afford not too, cause I cant quite afford to eat totally raw yet. But Ive got some staples. I figured out some idead of portions tahht I shoudl go for. Let me know if you have and input. Ill list my a.m. through around 4-5 pm. 1 whole papaya, two-three bananas. A bowl of cherries or grapes. A mangoe, i glass of lemonade made from two lemons and a tablespoon of honey. Two cups of herbal tea/green tea, 2 kiwi fruit, and a half of a honey dew. Snack between with a salad of sprouts and a generic mesclun mix. Then in the later evening, eat a cup of raw almonds, a avacado, a cup of blueberries mixed with the meat of a young thai coconut and the milk inside,a salad of raw green beans and raw edmame. and a large mixing bowl with assorted kale, mustard greens, romaine, and arugula. Top that salad with tofu cubes and use raspberrie vinnagrette. Then for my in betweens making a strawberry slushie with some super green powder. Does this sound like a fairly good meal plan to start with?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 02:22PM by Cappadocius.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a few ideas.
Posted by: Cappadocius ()
Date: September 05, 2009 02:24PM

The Twin Serpents Are my key to Contined Vitality and Success,,,

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 05, 2009 02:29PM

Cappadocius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does this sound like a fairly good meal plan to
> start with?
It sounds Great if you like to spend all your time
in the Kitchen, and out shopping for Produce.
I use the KISS method (keep it simple sweetheart), taking a few
good ingredients, and having them over and over again, day-in and
day-out.....WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 05, 2009 02:56PM

Cappa,

Agree with WY--it's easier, planning-wise and digestion-wise, to just eat large volumes of simple things than to concoct all sorts of elaborate salads and stuff. However, if this keeps your appetite satisfied and keeps your mind motivated, then do it. I would only caution you to not mix too many fats, like avocado and coconut, with fruits. It could be difficult on your tummy : ) Good luck!

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: September 05, 2009 03:42PM

Seems simple to me, especially when someone is new to raw. I had thought before going raw that it would be hard too. Turned out to be the easiest diet I ever did.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 07, 2009 06:55PM

Wow, a CUP of almonds? An avocado, PLUS a whole young coconut? That's like, what, about 2000 calories right there. Nearly all of it from fat.

I realize that it's hard during the transistional phase to feel really satisfied without the 'heavy' feeling of food just sitting in your gut, but you might try eating more fresh fruit during the day, and more non-sweet fruit (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers) on your salads. Pick one source of fat, like an avocado OR a quarter-cup of sunflower seeds, and blend with a tomato for dressing.

Oh, and tofu is cooked.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: September 08, 2009 03:30AM

The calories don't matter. Neither does the amount of fat for someone transitioning. Everyone needs to stop scaring away the newcomers who are doing the best they can. Just encourage. smiling smiley

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 08, 2009 12:37PM

Gilmore Girl,

It's not scaring--it's cautioning. There is nothing more demoralizing than hearing someone who was initially gung-ho about raw admit that they're giving up because it isn't working for them or they don't feel good, when the likely cause is unintentional bad food combining. I found that it really helped me to fine tune my regimen to be armed with advice about that kind of thing from the start, so I didn't establish bad habits that would sabotage me in the future without my knowing it. Some people's body's guide them in correcting bad choices, others don't.

Sorry if my suggestions came off as critical or scary; I meant to help : )

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 09, 2009 01:45AM

The OP also mentioned that it's expensive to eat raw.

Well, sure, if you are eating a load of expensive nuts, thai coconuts, and avocados everyday, not to mention the (cooked) items, like tofu. It's a lot of money to pay for food that isn't actually satisfying you.

I was trying to help the OP see that by focusing on more fruit and non-sweet fruit, and cutting back on the heavy fatty stuff, they might find this lifestyle more doable, both in satisfaction and in finances.

Guess that's just too scary, huh?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables