Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vitamin A
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: September 10, 2009 09:57PM

Hi there... how are you all today??? I have been using the cronometer thingy to check all the nutrients i am and am not getting... and i noticed that my vitamin A is like 1500% +.... does anyone know anything about vitamin A should i be worried???... I also am finding that i have no b12... no surprise there... wonder if i should supplement... i just don't really believe supplements really work...any ideas???

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vitamin A
Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: September 11, 2009 07:25AM

Nope, no worries there. Vitamin A in plants is in the form of B-Carotene, which is non-toxic. The body readily converts it to Vitamin A as it needs. If you REALLY get a lot of B-Carotene, the skin can turn orange, called carotenosis, you may have heard of people getting this from eating tons of carrots. It's harmless but you may not want to be orange LOL. I think this would be more in the ballpark of 10,000+% though, just a guess. 1500-3000% is "normal" for me and I haven't turned orange yet!

Don't sweat the B12 or the Vitamin D in cronometer either. (I stopped tracking them, via File->Edit Nutritional Targets) These only come, as far as cronometer is concerned, from animal flesh or fortified foods. B12 supplements are somewhat controversial, theoretically you shouldn't need to supplement, but if you want to be on the safe side I'd recommend a sublingual methylcobalamin. And get plenty of sunlight!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 07:25AM by rawpreston.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables