Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

master cleanse and physical activity?
Posted by: monson ()
Date: July 05, 2006 03:57PM

for anyone that has done the master cleanse....did you stay active while on the cleanse (working out, running, etc.)?

i'm currently on day six and have been taking it easy, but i'm thinking of going for a bike ride which would end up being about a 20 mile ride. i'm a little bit concerned about losing more weight than i have to while on the cleanse, as well as bonking during the ride and planting my face on some cement.

i'm just wondering what other people have done while they were on it.
thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: master cleanse and physical activity?
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 05, 2006 07:25PM

I didn't have any energy problems while on the mastercleanse. If anything, I had more than normal. I think a bike ride would be a good idea on a nice day. it's not too stressing and you can controll how fast you're pedaling....

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: July 06, 2006 04:29AM

i recently completed a 34 day master cleanse and i had tons of energy and continued to work out several days a week throughout my cleanse. even on day 33 i ran 40 minutes and did an upper body workout! a bike ride sounds like a great idea. just stay aware of how you're doing and allow yourself to cut it short if you find you're just not up to it.

best wishes for a most beneficial cleanse!

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: July 06, 2006 02:20PM

I had no problems with physical activity at all. I bicycled, used the rebounder, and did all sorts of other physical activity with no ill after effects.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: July 07, 2006 04:47AM

thanks for the replies.
i don't know why i was being such a pansy in reguards to doing any physical exercise. i probably rode about 30 miles and was fine for most of it except for the last 5 or so miles .

and i'm blaming the tiredness during the last 5 miles on the heavy load (i had about 20 - 30 lbs of books, water, and locks in my messenger bag for the latter half of the ride) or my trying to keep up with a much stronger cyclist for the first 8 miles.

Date: July 07, 2006 08:52PM

I'm glad you're doing well with your ride and the MC ! ! ! How did you feel the day after?

Date: July 08, 2006 04:59AM

i couldn't get out of bed.
but outside of that, i'm really suprised at how not big of a deal not eating is on the master cleanse.

Posted by: juicegirl ()
Date: July 08, 2006 02:14PM

I recently finished a week long master cleanse and found no problem in energy levels. I know a week is not an extended time, but my energy was more focused. I am glad you posted this question, I enjoyed hearing others' feedback. I am about start a 14 day master cleanse since I had such a positive experience last time. Does anyone have any thoughts for me regarding the salt water flush that is suggested while on the master cleanse? The last time I did the cleanse, I did not do the salt water flush as suggested. But I am thinking about doing this time around.

Date: July 08, 2006 02:19PM

I did the SWF when I mastercleansed. it's not as bad as I had expected, though. 1/4 tsp of salt per liter of water is hardly detectable really. At least that was my experience. Just stay near a bathroom for about an hour after you drink the water, and you'll do fine. If it really isn't stomachable for you, add a couple drops of mint oil to it to change the flavor a tad bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables