Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I just need a calc
Posted by: Cappadocius ()
Date: September 14, 2009 12:08AM

what is a good site or program i can use to create my own plan for the simples most effective diet i can. i understand that for b-12 at first i should supplement b-12 for a little while. im gonna try to make the simplest quantity of fruits and vegs and nuts through out the day. is there a simleone thats easy touse?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I just need a calc
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 14, 2009 05:45AM

fitday is a good one smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Cappadocius ()
Date: September 14, 2009 06:50AM

Okay. Im having some internal problems figuring things out here.
Based on the things Ive read here, in books at the library, things about mono dieting versus eating a variety of things. Ive used the fit day program, nutritiondata, did several comparissons with other websites. The problem Im running into is how to plan this simple diet plan and make sure Im getting my daily intake of all the minerals and nutrients Im supposed to every day, and since Im coming up with different answers everywhere, can I please have some advice. Ive said before Im 6 feet tall, I actually weigh about 155 now, I practice martial arts a few times a week but I work out at home usually every night. Im not trying to lose weight, I am not trying to become some body builder. I would just lie to tone myself, and get the required amount of the required minerals and nutrients and amino acids and everything else. Can someone give me a idea. All of your advice has been wonderfull, but this just isnt making sense.
Thanx
C

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 14, 2009 07:22AM

The human body does a good job of storing the nutrients available in the raw foods so you don't have to eat every nutrient every meal. This means that you can have a green like spinach for example in a meal and then not eat spinach again for awhile and days later still have the iron from the spinach stored for the body to use as needed. If you vary your greens occasionally you will get a good mineral profile for the body to store for later use. Many fruits are high in vitamins so if you vary your fruit intake occasional you will have plenty of vitamins in the body stores for the body to use when it needs them. This makes it easy for the raw food eater to get all the nutrients they need while eating simple meals. I don't calculate, count or weigh anything I eat because I am confident that as long as I eat a variety of fresh raw foods I will have everything my body needs with the possible exception of vitamin B12 which is a subject of debate. Also it helps to get some sunshine occasionally for vitamin D.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 14, 2009 01:22PM

Cappadocius,

Agree with EZ. You will not get a deficiency if you eat a good enough variety of those foods that you list as being available to you, over the course of a week or longer. It takes a loooooong time to develop a deficiency! And remember that a lot of those nutrition calculation sites have ratios based on cooked nutrition content. Eat your fill, vary what you can, move around and get plenty of rest, and your body will utilize what you consume more and more efficiently as time goes on. Good luck : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables