Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

buying a vita-mix
Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: September 04, 2009 09:21PM

Where would i find a cheap(er) good condition used or refurbished vitamix? Are ebay or amazon my main options?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: buying a vita-mix
Posted by: jonl138 ()
Date: September 05, 2009 07:01PM

Check out the vita mix website, they have a clearance sale going on.
[secure.vitamix.com]

-Jon

Date: September 08, 2009 05:35PM

Thanks! Ordered a 5200, can't wait to get it!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 18, 2009 12:57AM

You will love it, I got mine in August and I use it several times, every day! Enjoy!

Date: September 18, 2009 04:26PM

I couldn't live without mine!

Date: September 18, 2009 06:09PM

Got mine yesterday, made my first smoothie with it this morning. It had kale and blackberries- perfectly smooth, no seeds. Amazing.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: September 18, 2009 11:42PM

Aww shucks!! Anyone have a couple hundred bucks laying around to spare me for a Vita-Mix?? I'll make ya' a yummy smoothie to pay ya' back - pinky swear promise!!! *LOLOL* =) I can't wait to save up enough to make that my next big purchase. Just bought a Green Star Juicer and 2 new (well "new to us"winking smiley cars for the family, so I think my spending is kaput for awhile. *pout* LOL Oops!! And I forgot Hubby just got me that nice new fridge, so I guess I can't complain. But I STILL WANT A VITA-MIX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *pout*

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 11:43PM by plainlydressed.

Date: September 19, 2009 05:58PM

I use my Vita-Mix 5200 every day for green smoothies, etc. Someone once said it could juice wood! (As an example: if you put in pitted dates, it blends them so well you don't get the "skins" sticking to the roof of your mouth!)

Mine sits next to the dehydrator and food processor. I dumped the microwave!

Date: September 19, 2009 06:56PM

Speaking of dehydrators and food processors, which do you use? I am thinking about a new dehydrator (have an old american harvester) and I do not have a food processor and am thinking about purchasing one of those as well. But, recently unemployed, I am on a budget.

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 22, 2009 05:33PM

1goneraw, I got myself a Kitchen Aid 12-cup food processor, and I truly love it! It's used almost every day.

I did invest in a Excalibur 9-tray dehydrator, and it is nice to have that many trays - I can start a large batch of crackers, or dry a large number of tomato halves at once. I don't use it as often as I did when I first started going raw. We eat a lot more fresh fruit now, so the munchy "gotta have crackers" thing is diminishing for us.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Date: September 23, 2009 05:50PM

Thanks RaeVynn,

I just found out that my Hubbie (cooked food king) has purchased a 9 tray Excalibur for me for Christmas! I am so excited, I can't wait. I will have to wait a little bit for the food processor, but we do bicycle trips alot and I need to be able to throw some food in a bike bag that will sustain me and the rest of the family while we are out, so it sounds like the Excalibur will do it. I wonder if I can convince my hubbie to celebrate Christmas, say... at the end of September smiling smiley Anyway, thanks for the info, I greatly appreciate it.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 23, 2009 10:47PM

Does anyone find that the motor on their Vita-Mix reheats easily as time goes on (years)?

Maybe I should try a different outlet/plug as well, though. I broke my tamper for the second time! Grr. I need to order two of those mugs at the same time.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 24, 2009 06:27PM

I have one and love it!! Its the best. I make smoothies almost daily also and love the way it comes so creamy.

The best is raw soups and raw chutneys. The other day I made chutney with mint leaves, onions, tomatoes, spices and sea salt and everyone loved it. Even the cooked food eaters loved it. My chutney was over in few minutes!!! They didn't even know it was all raw.. It was that creamy and smooth and all because of vitamix.

Take care
Anu

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables