Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

another cron-o-meter question
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 25, 2009 09:27AM

Sorry but i can't quite understand the summary page.

After breakfast my results looked like this:

Calories 312/2090 ( 15%)
protein 5g/46g (11%)
carbohydrate 77g/130g (60%0
lipids 1g/65g (3%)
vitamins 35%
minerals 22%

but the pie chart said protein 6%, carbohydrate 90%, fat 5%

I don't understand why the %ages are different in the pie chart and the listings.

Also I don't understand what the two numbers represent eg protein 5g/46g - what does the 46g relate too.

I'm sorry if this is very boring but I'm hoping some kind soul will take pity on me

Philippa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2009 09:28AM by flipperjan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: another cron-o-meter question
Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: September 25, 2009 09:54AM

The pie chart is your total C/P/F breakdown for the day. It's good to quickly see if our fat or protein has gotten much higher than 10% for the day. typically until we add in the overt fats, any normal fruits+veg do average around 90/5/5.

The bars on the summary page, the 5g/46g of protein, that just means 5g is what you've eaten so far in protein today, and the 46g means that if you were to eat exactly their recommended calories for you that day, then 46g of protein would be exactly 10% of your calories since that's what you set in the target. Since 10% is not a goal to reach for fat or protein with 80/10/10, but just more of an upper limit to watch out for, that part can be ignored somewhat. The pie chart is most important.

Re: another cron-o-meter question
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 25, 2009 10:04AM

Thank you - I will keep my eye on the pie chart then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables