Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

school project update
Posted by: rawproject ()
Date: July 05, 2006 05:47PM

i just thought i'd let everyone know how my project was going, since some people seemed interested. i haven't gotten too far on my research yet, since there aren't that many academic resources dealing with raw foods (or even veganism, or vegetarianism for that matter). i'm mostly just dealing with feedback from people who eat raw foods, or from news articles talking about the diet itself.
i did ten days of raw foods not long ago, and it went much better than expected. i never do well when fasting, and hadn't done well when going raw in the past, so i was worried. but i kept it simple, and the results were good. i realized that by eating raw, i slept better and woke up feeling more alert. my boyfriend and i have a habit of eating dinner really late since we work really late, and then we wake up feeling icky. we've decided to do an experiment wherin we only eat raw foods for dinner for the next week and see how we feel in the mornings. i'm okay with eating lightly, but he's one of those guys who loves heavy, filling "meals." he doesn't care if they're vegan, so long as they're filling. any ideas for raw meals that are filling? during my 10 days, i had some raw "soup" with avocado, and it made me feel pretty full. but i'm not sure if he wants that every night. we are also really broke, so the simpler the better.
thanks for all your help and input!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: school project update
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 05, 2006 06:15PM

Homemade guacamole:

Avocados, Spanish (white) onions, cilantro, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers. Doesn't matter how much of each you put in, just make it so YOU think it tastes good.

The homemade kind is so, so much better than the crap you buy in the store.

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 05, 2006 07:22PM

a HUGE veggie salad with almonds or pine nuts on top would be filling too. Use brocolli, and avacado in the salad. one is high in fiber, the other in natural fats, so you'll feel fuller longer. A fresh fruit smoothie in the morning for breakfast can kick start your day. I take 2cups of lemon juice mixed with 1/2 cup of stiva or sweetener, freeze it over night. In the morning, scoop it into your blender and blend in 2 bannana's and 1cup frozen or fresh strawberries. Tangy and sweet to wake you up fast! If you want this thicker, add ice cubes to the blender as it's mixing.

Posted by: chickory ()
Date: July 07, 2006 04:34PM

HI,
A suggestion for finding literature- google the websites for PubMed and MedLine to access databases of scientific articles. From these sites you can google articles on research on raw food diet. I know there research about raw food improving fibromyalgia and artereosclorosis.
Chickory

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables