Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

christmas raw
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 23, 2009 03:40PM

this will be my first raw christmas so im wondering what you guys do for this. Im not looking forward to it. not becuase i don't like my menu its just becuase i will feel out of place, never the less i will stay raw.

what im not looking forward to this year is a big dead bird sitting in the middle of the table coved in bacon. all the family will be eating this and i am going to feel excluded. although i dont want to eat that stuff. its wierd i know. has any one else felt this way if so what did they do.

i offered to make a raw food christmas but the family doesnt want too. really they want cooked foods. yuck yuck yuck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: christmas raw
Date: September 23, 2009 08:16PM

i realized this is my negative attitude. our diet is superior. and who cares what they eat. duhh. what i need is a fab recipe or some fruit that i have never thought about having. and i will have that.

any suggestions?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 23, 2009 08:47PM

start now looking for great things you can eat so come christmas you can waltz in with your big platter of whatever (bring enough to share if anyone wants to try)

=)

the greenbean casserole [goneraw.com] from this site is to die for ..i really enjoy and last xmas my whole family said it was great and couldnt believe it was raw smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 23, 2009 09:34PM

Yes,Christmas abounds with cooked "goodies" for sure.
In my family there is always a platter of fresh cut veggies.
I will sort of hang around that this year.

Vinny

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 23, 2009 09:58PM

I don't celebrate any holidays based on superstitions or personas, etc., so I don't feel a need to have a special food. Why not just eat what you like/what you feel like, what your body seems to want, like any other day? I don't see a reason to mistreat one's body on a certain day that someone claims is significant.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 23, 2009 10:04PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't celebrate any holidays based on
> superstitions or personas, etc., so I don't feel a
> need to have a special food. Why not just eat
> what you like/what you feel like, what your body
> seems to want, like any other day? I don't see a
> reason to mistreat one's body on a certain day
> that someone claims is significant.

It doesn't have anything to do with whether you celebrate the holiday or not or whether you think it's based on "superstitions or personas" or not. Honestly, I don't know why you're bringing that into this, whether you're a christian or not has nothing to do with the topic.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 23, 2009 10:13PM

What would you rather have me do, list every single religion's holiday? I was simplifying that I don't celebrate anything religion-related. Do you know how many religions there are and how many days I would have to list?

And second of all, the first sentence deals with that issue and the other two deal with how I would make food decisions on ANY day.

You're the one who made a big deal out of it.....and I don't need anyone's advice on how to respond to posts, but thank you. If someone thinks I violated the TOS, they can report me. I didn't insult anyone; I merely stated my experience and why, etc. I can't believe you're singling me out for doing so. WOW!! Kind of amusing, I guess.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: September 23, 2009 11:14PM

Hellokitty,

It is hard in social situations such as that. I'd recommend bringing something tasty and having plenty of food around that you can eat. You'll have to bring it and I'm sure everyone will love it! There are alot of fancy raw dishes out there. I've never made one myself or tried one for that matter, i just always bring raw fruits and veggies. Here's a link for an amazing looking peach pie, you could always use apples to make a more of a traditional pie:

[www.ask.com]|%20sharing%20raw,%20vegan%20recipes%20and%20advice&u=http://goneraw.com/

If you google raw recipes and look at the recipes in this forum, you'll find some amazing stuff. And don't worry if you don't have any fancy equipment, you can always make your own versionsmiling smiley Hope this helps! I might just try that pie this Christmas for my familysmiling smiley

Date: September 24, 2009 10:50AM

Great thank everyone.

I know what im going to do this year,

all your comments have really helped me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2009 07:14PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
> the greenbean casserole
> [goneraw.com] from this site is
> to die for ..

Thanks for posting that, I clicked on the site and found raw heaven, I have been looking for some recipes that aren't all nut based and was thrilled to find this site. I think I will try the green bean salad for Thanksgiving as well. With much thanks,
Deb smiling smiley

Posted by: deafdrummer ()
Date: September 29, 2009 06:36PM

It's a helluva raw deal (pun intended)... All my family live deep in the bowels of the ruins of human knowledge, in the dead of night.

I'm already starting to think about who I can meet with over the holidays and make up excuses as to why I can't meet with my death-dealing circles (I can't make it down, I have to work the day after; I'll be going out of town to see my family this year; etc.).

It appears that I'm not the only raw fooder in Houston. There is a meetup.com group for the Houston area that I just found today. I'll see if there's anything of substance to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables