Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Energy after eating
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 06, 2009 07:57PM

It's been a while since I made a post, so I just thought I'd offer some advice to new raw-food eaters and experimenters.

Explanation: the trouble with most long-term poor eaters (and I was one) is that one doesn't even realize one IS run-down and out of energy.....especially after eating.

Experiment: Just try eating a large amount of one food at a sitting. JUST that one food. Make sure you did not eat before that....or for a couple of hours after. The degree to which that food energizes you....or makes you tired and sleepy....is the degree to which that food is probably right for you.

Note: This does not apply to very stimulatory foods...caffeine...or other substances that promote a false energy.

In my opinion/experience, one of the real ways to reach escape velocity in eating raw food is to really experience the difference between being full AND energetic (raw) vs. being satisfied/stuffed and de-energized (many cooked foods).

-Just some thoughts - which I hope are helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Energy after eating
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 06, 2009 08:29PM

Nice one David

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 06, 2009 09:34PM

dzm,

I have noticed this myself, and it is really sensible advice. I have found myself saying, by way of explaining to others why I'm not eating such and such just now, "my body doesn't like that." I am so lucky that my loved ones accept this without question : )

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: October 06, 2009 09:56PM

David, I just want to add a few concepts, a few questions, or statements, that may facilitate a great topic piece.

New raw foodists will go through a transition period where the body begins to go into 'self cleaning mode'. Eating a large mono meal may not necessarily be a good indicator of compatibility of food to your body.

In a way, by reducing the stressors on the body by eating one thing, may actually make you feel worse at first while the body has more capacity than demand. Feeling fatigue after a meal, may be an indicator of: the body doing its job and needs rest or you over consumed. Over consumption is over consumption, whether the food is mangos to cornchips.

In my case, I know excess energy tips me off to a food allergy such as gluten. Bananas are like a sleeping pill for me. When I eat a specific food I should not have consumed, I am extremely energetic.

I'm not quite sure where I stand on the issue. In a way, I feel a giant leap of faith is all you need until you ride out the storm. I may have to agree with you when your theory is applied to intermediate raw foodists with experience, but I beg to differ on novice raw foodists who is doing their best.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 07, 2009 12:43PM

hey davey mason

I like your term " Escape Velocity" for raw foodists

nicesmiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2009 07:15PM

dzm, I'm not so sure.

I have/had lots of energy after eating chips and curry from the takeaway. *shrugs*

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 08, 2009 01:01AM

Newhoove & SuperInfinity: Right. I just hope that new raw food people will actually get the chance to feel what it's like to have a meal that doesn't make you feel sleepy! Ha! Ha!

LaV: Hey girl! Yeah...escape velocity...that's definitely the way it goes! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: October 08, 2009 02:22AM

dzm -- Keep on throwing out good ideas like that! they are very helpful

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables