Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

5 days in and seeing stars!!!
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: October 05, 2009 08:40PM

Hello everyone... how are you all doing??? I am on day five of a fast... my moon cycles has returned after a break for about 5 months and so i am back to once a moonth fasting... anyhow... so I started day one with a green smoothie only because i didn't know i was bleeding yet... and finished the day with simple water...i had my usual first day fast headache... the next day i did 100% cranberry juice very diluted with a bit of stevia... and tea and water through out the day...the next day i simply had lemon and water with a bit of stevia and tea yesterday i just had lemon or lime in water with a touch of stevia... and also drank a lot of ginger tea... and now i'm on to day 5...

so i have been waking up very nauseous ... the 2nd day was ok...the 3rd day was the worst ...but 4th and 5th... still nauseous in the morning and seeing stars... it takes me a bit to get moving...infact this morning i let myself sleep because...wel for one i was very comfy in my warm bed...but also i just couldn't face getting up and feeling so icky and being dizzy on top of it... i know sleep is important on a fast so i didn't mind staying there... but is this normal...

i know i am not on a complete water fast but i'm as close as i've gotten for this long in awhile... but is this just a cleansing thing... it's what i thought...but usually by the end of the day i am feeling pretty good... i even went out to the store yesterday and it felt good to be moving around... but come morning... yikes...

i appreciate any and all imput...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 5 days in and seeing stars!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 05, 2009 10:06PM

Well for me, and this is just my super-private-personal take on the matter, I don't like fasting. And if I was feeling very bad like that at ANY time of the day, I would stop it. I don't like any type of shocks to my system.

I'm not a fan of any restrictions or anything that tries to get me to do something I don't want to do. I believe they cause a strain on the body and for me that's bad. Obviously raw food is not a restriction because it just means the food isn't prepared/poisoned beforehand.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 05, 2009 11:12PM

How long do you plan to fast?
I dont have any personal experience doing a fast,other than yrs ago I was so depressed I didnt eat for two days.
Please dont over do it,ok?

Vinny

Date: October 05, 2009 11:38PM

I will only do this as long as i am bleeding which should only be for another day or 2... I should explain that i chose to do these fasts because i have terribly painful cramps... at my worst you will find me on the coldest bathroom floor practicing the breathing they teach you for labor... atleast i know i will be prepared if i ever have a baby... anyhow... the only thing that worked in pill form was ibuprophen and i was taking 800-1000 mgs every 3- 4 hours... for about 3 days and it sort of worked... except that i was extremely dopey... so i discovered that if i don't have anything in my colon... i don't cramp... i am tired from the fast but...i feel a fast is more constructive then all the drugs...

the difference this time is that i'm seeing the stars and the nausea... only in the morning... maybe it's from not ingesting anything for the duration of the night... it wouldn't be the stevia would it???

love laugh and dream

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 06, 2009 08:01PM

When one has a very bad reaction to fasting, my advice is to break the fast...and continue to cleanse more gradually with juice fasts, healthier eating, enemas, sunlight, exericse, etc.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 07, 2009 12:32AM

hey there... so in your opinion what would be better to break a fast with and why... papaya or watermelon???

just curious

love laugh and dream

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 07, 2009 12:02PM

hey luvyuu

i was wondering if you ever got checked for endometriosis or cysts or tumors

hopefullly the fast will clear whatever is causing it
but it does sound horribly painful

i never get cramps

i guess i am just plain lucky

Date: October 07, 2009 06:56PM

yes... you are lucky... i envy all women that have these 2-3 day moons with no cramping... mine... it really makes life a bit tricky... i'm not working right now but when i am... it's a bit hard to deal with... i know i should get checked for these things... the only thing is it has been this way since i started... there are a few other things i'd like to get checked out to..but those darned docs and tests are so darned expensive... i'm trying to find work that has medical coverage...but now actually i'm just trying to find anything... ah well...

i broke my fast today with a glorious bowl full of watermelon... i think i will just eat this all day... i still feel a bit nauseous...but i'm hoping this will pass... thanks

love laugh and dream

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 08, 2009 01:05AM

Luvyuu: Sure. Breaking a fast with orange juice is a great idea. Melons are also a great food to break a fast with.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 08, 2009 05:08AM

i chose watermelon... had it all day long... but i still feel nauseous... and am having heartburn... i'm very frustrated... during the fast i felt nauseous...but the post nasal drip was gone...and it's back...the heartburn was gone and it's back... pain in my liver...is back... what's the point of doing anything if everything just comes back... what's the point of constricting myself if i'm going to have all the aches and pains that everyone has and then some...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 08, 2009 09:18AM

hi luvyuu

at first i was wondering if you were pregnant... then silly me....of course you are not pregnant cuz you are on your cycle... but the reason why i thought that was cuz you said you were nauseous

but then again, i read somewhere that even though it is extreeeeemely rare, there have been cases where women have gotten pregnant even on their cycle so just thought i'd throw that out there

i think fasting is a great idea... but the endometriosis thing i think is a good idea to get checked out as well

i hope for the best for you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables