Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chia sprout methods?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2009 02:41AM

Are there any adverse effects of sprouting chia in a pot with soil? All of the methods I have seen so far involve just laying them on a moist linen towel and keeping them away from the sun.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chia sprout methods?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 12, 2009 04:42PM

Are you trying to grow chia sprouts? The usual hydroponic method is the right one for that. If you are trying to grow a chia plant, or the grass(I don't know what this would be for), then using soil, as for wheatgrass, would probably be OK. I don't find that chia sprouts very well; mine just gets mucous and then spoils : (

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:41PM

The normal way to sprout chia is to rub them onto a 'Chia Pet' and keep them moist.

smiling smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2009 07:46PM

The methods I've read involve a damp towel and indoor lighting, ie, no sunlight. Then you mist it once on the second day, they're ready on the third. I'm going to try it and see how it works. I was just looking for any input that anyone might have. I'm pretty sure that conventional sprouting methods don't work well with chia...they need either soil or a lot less water than other seeds...

I am curious because we keep killing the herbs in my herb garden...and to make my wife feel better, I planted chia in the pots because they will grow like mad whether you forget to water them for a couple days or not. I was wondering if I was losing any health benefits by doing it this way then pulling them when they are an inch long...

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 12, 2009 09:57PM

yea they get real slimy if you sprout them in a jar.
Have to do it on clay tiles,or the chia pets.

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables