Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cell phone advise
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 14, 2009 06:42AM

What do you use to reduce EMF. Does Bio Pro or Alterra work? It just looks like a little round sticker to me.

I need more confimation/affirmation concerning the plastic tube thing that hooks onto the phone and goes into your ear. Why would that be "safe" if it still conducts sound?

My head feels like it is in a lock grip contortioned weird wave vise whenever I am around the cell phone but I need to use it though I only use it for short succinct pieces of information, no real "conversations". I heard people putting aluminum foil around it in order to shield their bodies from the EMF. But then, how will it receive the waves it needs for me to hear when the phone goes on... and actually use it? What areas do I cover and leave open?

Am I the ONLY person who feels that cell phones are WWAAAAAAAYYYYY tooo strong in emitting the EMF's ( or whatever it is emitting)?

Can anyone else give me their experience/solutions concerning cell phones?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cell phone advise
Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: October 14, 2009 09:16AM

The plastic corded device in the ear would be a good solution. It's safe because the sound isn't the problem with a cell phone, it's the high amount of radiation they output when they're in use. This radiation is at its worst within about 4 inches away, and can penetrate the skull. When you're talking with that corded device the phone itself would still be putting out the radiation, but just keep it away from your body and you're far better off than holding phone to ear. Bluetooth is also probably safer than holding the phone up to your ear (because it's a short weak signal compared to the phone's which has to reach towers). But any corded earphone device is the safest. Or just use speakerphone, same thing.

The radiation output when talking or transmitting data is MUCH higher than if the phone is simply on but in standby. When you're not expecting calls you can put it in airplane mode or shut it off, which should stop all radiation.

Sorry I can't speak about those other things you mentioned, or wrapping in foil. You're probably right though that if it was effective in blocking radiation, it would also cause the signal bars to get weak and you could miss calls or have bad quality. That's why I'm sceptical of those other things too, they seem like hocus-pocus to me. If there were a magic fix to reduce the EMFs, the manufacturers would have added them already.

Date: October 14, 2009 11:48AM

well, i am going to put the aluminum foil on just one side of the phone ( that faces my body) this will act as a farraday cage and not hurt my body

i am also going to check out the bluetooth stuff

can you elucidate more about the short weak signal compared to the other cell phone which has to reach towers?

its kind of confusing to me

i will get an earpiece.. thanks for the info concerning that.. i'll try to get a plastic tube thing

are cell phone EMF's higher than microwaves?

can a person put a frozen pizza in their ear, then a cell phone to their ear and then have fresh piping pizza within seconds?

sorry about that last sentence... i think technology has gone rampant

i need to laugh to keep sane sometimes

Date: October 14, 2009 11:51AM

thanks raw preston

also i was wondering if anyone else has information that is not only cell phone related but related to protecting one's body ears, brain etc. from the SURROUND
effect of so many EMF gadgets that are around.. and everywhere

its weird that when i do juice fasting, the sensitivity to the EMF's seems to increase by ten fold and it really hurts

but i have always been sensitive to EMF's so much so that many times I know just by being next to someone if they have a cell phone and it is turned on

is anyone else as sensitive to EMF's as I am?

what are your strategies that you employ in order to navigate without having your skull explode?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 14, 2009 12:13PM

la_veronique,

This is from Dr. Mercola's website. Scroll down to the bottom to read about the alternative device to Bluetooth; you may find it useful:

[products.mercola.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 14, 2009 03:45PM

Hey LaV!

Just my 2 cents: The initial call out/call in is where the spike of emf is. After that, the levels become much lower. For those who use cell phones, I think having an ear device - or simply relying on the speakerphone option is a good idea....so you are not jamming the thing next to your brain. When I get a call, I usually put the thing on speakerphone and just plop it down on the desk and talk normally.

Like many environmental factors I consider unhealthy, I simply try to limit my involvement to a reasonable degree...heh...heh...having chosen to use them at all. Just like veganism is less about not killing - and more about an attitude of doing all you reasonably can to avoid dealing in death - you know? I know some folks who will just not own a cell phone...and that is certainly an option.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: October 14, 2009 08:12PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can you elucidate more about the short weak
> signal compared to the other cell phone which has
> to reach towers?
>
> its kind of confusing to me

Well anytime the phone is on a call it's putting out the same EMF and is in constant communication with a tower which can be miles away. That's regardless of talk method.

A bluetooth headset still transmits wirelessly and therefore radiation, but it's only transmitting to/from the phone, and only has a range of up to 20 or 30 feet. Compared to phones in communication with cell towers which could be up to 10 or 20 miles away. This tells me that it's putting out a much weaker signal, and therefore is PROBABLY safer to have next to your head.

A corded device emits no radiation because it's sending its tiny signal down one specific path, the cable. So they're as safe as earphones (but the phone is still next to you giving off radiation). Speakerphone is the easiest and cheapest, if privacy isn't a concern of course.

Here's a video for you about protecting yourself from constant outside radiation, she put some kind of sheet onto her windows:
[www.youtube.com]

Demonstration of that device measuring radiation given off by various devices including cell phones (kinda scary):
[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 15, 2009 08:37AM

hey raw preston

a ZILLION THANKS!! for responding to my inquiries. i really appreciate it.
i'm going to check out both videos now as well
thanks sooooo muchsmiling smiley

tamukha

i like mercola
gonna check out his site too
i heard he has devices for EMF protection so can't wait to see his site

davemason:

i agree
putting it on speakerphone is the best option

i tell people to never call me just to say "hi" and have a conversation

cell phones are for short terse pieces of information that one needs to get
and is kind of important

i'm not saying that chit chatting and friendship building is unimportant
i just prefer that they not be done over a CELL phone

i like my brain
unfried
and unstirred

grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables