Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

lambsquarters?
Posted by: polskadot ()
Date: October 15, 2009 08:27PM

i was just wondering if anyone knows where to buy lambsquarters. I have several raw recipes that call for it, but I'd never heard of it nor seen it in grocery stores (at least, not that I know of). I have "regular" grocery stores around and also Wild Oats, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's nearby. Does anyone know if I can get lambsquarters at any of these places? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lambsquarters?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 15, 2009 09:30PM

its a pretty common weed througout north america .. so common there is govt. programs out there trying to erradicate it lol. you might want to try contacting your local university and see if the plant biology department cant point you in the direction of some (free) smiling smiley

or see if you can find someone who does local weed walks or wild foraging tours to help you identify and collect the all so common plant smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: brome ()
Date: October 16, 2009 04:38PM

Lamb's quarters, also called goosefoot (the shape of the leaves), has the scientific name of Chenopodim album and is in the same family as spinach and beets.

[calphotos.berkeley.edu]

The white meal on the leaves is part of the plant and is good to eat. One of my favorite wild edibles.

Posted by: polskadot ()
Date: October 16, 2009 05:06PM

Thanks so much for these helpful responses!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables