Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vit D deficiency
Posted by: Amarynth ()
Date: October 18, 2009 03:29AM

About the past year or so, I've had some lingering joint pain, general aches and soreness all over my body. For about the past six months, my shoulders and arms have been the worst. Some days, the pain was nearly unbearable. I've experienced fatigue, extremely low energy, etc etc..these are part of the reasons I wanted to try the raw food diet...to see if I can get myself and my body into a healthy state again. Well, I had to go to the doctor this week, as I have a sinus infection. Ugh. I told her about the pain and fatigue that had been bothering me, so she took some blood to test for a variety of things. Turns out I am Vit D deficient. She suggested a supplement.

Any thoughts, ideas on how I can boost my Vit D on the raw food diet? I know the obvious is more sun, but we haven't had much sun around here lately.

Thanks in advance!

BB,
Amarynth smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vit D deficiency
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 18, 2009 03:45AM

Dr. Fuhrman has a vegan Vitamin D supplement.
drfuhrman.com click on shop

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 18, 2009 04:52AM

The sun doesn't have to shine directly on your skin...you'll get SOME benefit...even on a cloudy day. You can also eat some mushrooms - which might help.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 18, 2009 03:43PM

Amarynth,

This is a discussion had a few months ago on this forum:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

If you do a search using the phrase, "Vitamin D," I bet you'll find more.

Date: October 19, 2009 01:27AM

Great. Thank you all. smiling smiley

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:21AM

Dr Mercola sells an awesome sunlamp system that helps the body produce Vit D that I want to invest in soon. They have the options of "tanning" or not tanning, but they look and sound awesome. That might also be helpful.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: October 20, 2009 03:40AM

Thanks Plainlydressed. I'll have to look into it. The doctor's office called earlier today, some of my other bloodwork came in. I also have Lyme Disease. Well, when it rains it pours. I don't even remember being bitten by a tick at all, and I must have had this for a very long time because I've been experiencing these aches and pains, fatigue, etc..for at least a year.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: October 20, 2009 01:27PM

It wouldnt be vegan but youu could try consuming some raw chese or egg for a little while. At least it would be vegetarian

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: October 20, 2009 05:21PM

Amarynth, I have today published a blog article on Vitamin D. You might find it of interest.

[www.debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: October 20, 2009 09:33PM

Yes, get in the sun somehow and take the best vitamin D you can get from a living foods source, NewChapter, Garden of Life, etc. H.H.I. has a good one to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables