Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Raw Food
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2006 09:25PM

I am new to the raw food scene. I am currently a vegetarian and over weight. I want to a life change and become vegan and eating only raw food. What is the best way to make this transition?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Raw Food
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 05, 2006 09:47PM

To analyze what percentage of raw food you ARE eating now....and are comfortable with on a daily basis.....and make a plan of small goals (with timetables) to increase that amount by 1-2% per week. You should lose no more than 1-2 lbs per week......and should have no problem reaching your raw goals with minimal discomfort.

-Just my opinions.

-David Mason

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 05, 2006 11:05PM

Oh:

-And stick to the fruits & vegetables that you LOVE. Avoid stuff you hate. Eat before you leave the house...bring a snack bag everywhere.....and NEVER depend on some one else to feed you. Always be the BEARER of fresh cut fruits and vegetables - and you will never go hungry. Preparation is a raw-fooders watch-word! winking smiley

-What do you think?

-David Mason

Posted by: geneticpromise ()
Date: July 06, 2006 03:45PM

Hi, healthme, and welcome!

My main message is to trust yourself. It's hard but worth it. Not to worry about how much weight you're losing, just shift to raw as you feel comfortable. Not to worry about being super-prepared or following recipes. It gives raw fooding bad PR. Being raw is really very easy technically. The body will direct you. Take care, rest, exercise while you detox. Trust yourself and don't let other raw fooders make you anxious about the process. It's totally natural!

good luck!

GeneticPromise

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 07, 2006 03:00AM

Healthme

I just want to add some encouragement.
I had previously lost 100 lbs using weight watchers and transitioning to a vegetarian diet. I gained 35 lbs back over about 2 years.
I have been doing 80-90% raw since Feb and have lost 30 lbs.

For me, I have learned an INSANE amount about listening to my body by doing raw. I have lost most of my food addictions and had the opportunity to face many of the underlying issues I had that caused me to gain the weight.

For me, this path has been successful on so many levels, I could burn up my fingers typing about it.

The way I started was to do "raw till dinner". I ate raw through the day then ate a small, low fat, veggie dinner with my family. Gradually the portion of the cooked food got smaller and smaller. It worked quite well for me.

I wish you only the best

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 08, 2006 01:05AM

why is it that we seem to go through "junk food withdrawl" after being on raw for a few weeks with no problems? I have been having a hellish time fighting off urges to eat junk food (pizza,candy,doughnuts.......) lately. I'm still eating my salads, juices and stuff, though.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: July 09, 2006 08:19PM

I am only finishing week 2 of a raw food transition, but before I could do that I was vegan for quite a while. Before that I had been vegetarian and was always overweight. When I cut out the dairy and other refined products and went vegan I lost alot of the weight. My advise is to transition bit by bit into veganism to see how you feel and then work on raw transitions. This is how I had to do it, and I still struggle at times with wanting to give in to cravings for grilled veggie burgers, pizza, or other vegan junk food! But just remember that its for your HEALTH, not just a clothing size or the # on the scale that is what really matters the most. Good luck!
Dafodil

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:29AM

Personally, I would recommend that you transition to veganism while adding more raw foods. Take your time. You can do this over a few months. Transition to quickly and you will fall back. Just the simple transition to veganism will melt the pounds off. Add some exercise to your day. I hop on my urban rebounder almost daily for overall health and well being. Testimonies from their site have people melting that pounds off just by hopping on the rebounder and most of them didn't change their diets.

Thanks

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:47AM

Just a few suggestions:
1) Eat raw foods you love.
2) Be open to change.
3) Transition at a pace YOU are comfortable with.

All the best,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2006 07:27PM

I'm also new to raw, and have adopted a raw 'til dinner mindset as well. I'm glad to know that it worked well for rawblue.

Posted by: juicegirl ()
Date: July 16, 2006 02:45AM

Marcos I have heard you reference your urban rebounder muliple times, what is this? It sounds interesting. I imagine it is almost trampoline-like

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables