Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

digestion of smoothies
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: October 28, 2009 06:38PM

Hello again everyone,

How long do green smoothies take to digest green smoothies? I love juicing my dinner, but I'm drinking a green smoothie right now (just spinach and romaine) and I'm wondering if I can have my juice at dinner which is early about 5:30pm for me. My digestion is slow, that I do know. What do you all think? It's about 2:30pm right now. I'm trying to eat lighter to heavier but I find I just don't like big dinners.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: digestion of smoothies
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 28, 2009 11:07PM

I think it depends on the ingredients of the smoothie. Starchy produce will take longer to digest. Very sweet produce with alot of sugar content absorbs very quickly. But when certain components are mixed together, some of the standard "rules" are changed. I'm sure others will have more information to be helpful.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: October 31, 2009 07:04PM

what are some examples of starchy produce?

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 01, 2009 03:56PM

Potatoes would be an example of starchy produce. I eat them raw but just one at a time.

Digestion times can vary with the individual, greens don't stay long in the stomach, maybe 1 1/2 hours for a spinach and romaine smoothie?

hope that helps

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: November 01, 2009 10:28PM

Green vege minus fiber would be absorbed radically fast...you could even add papain enzymes if you wanted.

Here is an alchemical smoothie base recipe especially for digestion.

•LIQUID DYNAMITE —(Green Alchemy) The combination of the superfood smoothie and this activated microbal base, make for the kind of supernutrition your body may not have experienced yet. To make an ultra biogenic liquid base for your smoothie put the following in a glass jar/jug/vase: 1.5 pt of non-chlorinated water, 1 tsp Fulvic acid, 1 tsp liquid seaweed, 1 heaped tsp spirulina, 3 drops of Himalayan sole, ¼ tsp MSM, 1 tsp green clay, 1 Tbsp raw honey, 1/3 cup Buckwheat goop, 1 tsp of Effective Microbes and the contents of 1 capsule of Soil Based Organisms. Tie a quartz crystal onto the end of your aquarium bubbler tube to weight it down, and aerate the green elixir for 1-2 hours or more. This makes enough for two days worth of smoothies so, keep half of it in a glass jar the fridge for the following days smoothie.
*See Superfood Smoothie recipe in the DIET FOR KUNDALINI section on my BOK site at [biologyofkundalini.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables