Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw foods and eating for your blood type...
Posted by: Nyaz ()
Date: November 01, 2009 11:36PM

Hello people!

I have done a lot of reading about eating for your blood type, and the scientific information behind it seems very credible, although it is not something that is embraced by standard medicine. Then again, neither is RAW.

The thing that is awesome about blood type eating is that is does not exclude someone who is also raw.

I think that both RAW and Blood Type eating make a lot of sense, but am having a hard time reconciling combining the two for I fear that, if I do, my head will explode because of the restrictions (but, that is just me). ;-)

As a more specifically directed question/musing to you: Many of the health benefits of raw foods are generally stated for the average human being. Of course there are things people are allergic to, etc., even when raw. And, if you are eating for your blood type, there are certain foods that, depending on your type, you should avoid. For example: I am type 'O' and am to avoid coconuts (DAMN!).

So, does anyone have any experience with BOTH ways of eating?
If you do, how have you combined them?

If there is another thread on here addressing this, feel free to link to it...

Thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw foods and eating for your blood type...
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 02, 2009 12:21AM

I applaud your openness and willingness to learn. I, personally, do not have much knowledge or experience in this form of diet, however I am familiar with folks who have tried it for various reasons. I just wanted to jump in here quick to give you the thumbs up for trying and for being ready to learn, because you will likely receive some very negative remarks about this particular diet scheme (blood type diet), and I don't want you to get discouraged. Just remember that alot of folks on here have been in the RAW lifestyle for many years and tend to forget what it's like to be a newbie just starting out to explore all their options and eager to learn. =)

Having said that disclaimer - I know there is a thread about this awhile back and I'm sure someone will post it here for you. I, personally, haven't seen alot of credibility (or shall I say "necessity"?) for that type of diet, but I would never be one to stand in the way of what works for someone else. =) Good luck with your learning and I, too, am eager to hear what the experts have to say on this subject. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: November 02, 2009 09:31AM

Nyaz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello people!
>
> I have done a lot of reading about eating for your
> blood type, and the scientific information behind
> it seems very credible, although it is not
> something that is embraced by standard medicine.
> Then again, neither is RAW.
>
> The thing that is awesome about blood type eating
> is that is does not exclude someone who is also
> raw.
>
> I think that both RAW and Blood Type eating make a
> lot of sense, but am having a hard time
> reconciling combining the two for I fear that, if
> I do, my head will explode because of the
> restrictions (but, that is just me). ;-)
>
> As a more specifically directed question/musing to
> you: Many of the health benefits of raw foods are
> generally stated for the average human being. Of
> course there are things people are allergic to,
> etc., even when raw. And, if you are eating for
> your blood type, there are certain foods that,
> depending on your type, you should avoid. For
> example: I am type 'O' and am to avoid coconuts
> (DAMN!).
>
> So, does anyone have any experience with BOTH ways
> of eating?
> If you do, how have you combined them?
>
> If there is another thread on here addressing
> this, feel free to link to it...
>
> Thanks!!

I am blood type A. I experimented with eating for your blood type years ago to try and resolve IBS.
I stuck to it rigidly. RIGIDLY being the focus here!
I was, and still am, unable to process cooked grains. I saw little improvement and was forced to restrict my diet further. After about four months, I gave up.

I think that trying to deal with both approaches at the same time will result in you excluding far too many foods. Possibly failing with both!
Keep it simple, give yourself an easy ride!
Get 1 system working well before attempting to apply the other if you are serious about combining both approaches.
My tip would be to start with raw.
Blood type approach applies to cooked food.
The body chemistry changes on a raw diet.
You have to eat it to feel the benefits, it is not something that can be debated by the head, rather experienced by the body!

Enjoy, keep us posted, have fun
ffx

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 02, 2009 10:13AM

I played around with the blood group diet for a while when looking for answers and came to the conclusion that it was not for me. It seemed sensible and plausible at the time. Now I have learned a lot more and D'Adamo's claims and assertions just do not stand up. There is a very good chapter in Dr. fuhrmans book Eat to Live which gives sensible reasons why this diet is nonsensical.

I agree with ff that you will probably be very restricted if you try to combine both diets.

But hey - good luck with your experimenting and enjoy your food smiling smiley

Date: November 02, 2009 11:46AM

Thank you guys/gals so much for the great feedback. I definitely am NOT going to attempt both at the same time.... I know my limits, and my aim is to SUCCEED with the healthy eating, not doom myself!

I appreciate the comments, and, will first keep you posted about Raw. ;-) Maybe the blood type comes later, but, one person can only do so much! Raw is a big enough task right now!!!

Thanks again.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: November 02, 2009 12:23PM

I think the blood-type diet is bogus. If people feel better on it, it's most likely because they cut out processed foods, not because they aren't eating sweet potatoes anymore.

I'm type O and supposedly unable to live well without meat. Been vegan for 7 yearss, meat-free for 8.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: November 02, 2009 12:23PM

P.S. My body loves coconut. And I'm in tune to what my body wants!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 02, 2009 01:37PM

Nyaz,

I, too, commend you for engaging in as much inquiry as possible before making a decision. I would only say, try eating coconut and seeing how your body responds to it before exiling it, and other "forbidden" things, from your diet.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 02, 2009 05:28PM

Nyaz,

GREAT question! & good for you. Please find link below that will be very helpful.
[www.runtheplanet.com]

I began a search back in 2003 when I got a revelation that simply said; "molecular structure matters". I was dumbfounded as I had no background in science, but I was willing to do the research. A whole new world opened up for me and I am so happy to read your inquiry smiling smiley. Here is the short answer to your inquiry.

Our blood type has everything to do with the way our bodies metabolize/utilize or store & eliminate food. This is why the SAD-Standard American Diet-is so "sad".
It fits everyone in this little box & people think they are fighting a losing battle when all the time they simply need to get good info.
Remember: It's not about the food in your life, it's about the life in your food smiling smiley

Date: November 02, 2009 06:19PM

Thanks for the link msleah! And, thanks to everyone else for the posts.

Date: November 02, 2009 06:29PM

Nyaz,

using the aforementioned site, you will discover coconut is a no-no for type-O people. Just sharing smiling smiley
Msleah

Date: November 02, 2009 07:17PM

Hi folks.
I am just beginning the raw journey and am in the early baby steps mode, but I do have an OPINION about the blood type diet.

Some years ago my brother gave me a copy of the Eat Right for your Type book. We are both type B which is supposedly highly benefited by dairy foods. My brother then proceeded to OD on cheese and yogurt and such. He developed all kinds of inflammation and mucus issues and is still working on flushing it out of his system.

About a year ago my wife (on the advise of a nutritionist) had a blood sample sent to a lab for food sensitivity test. I decided to do the same.

My test showed I am highly sensitive to Dairy, Eggs, Wheat, Spelt, Sugar cane, Almond, Filbert and Sunflower. Several other items as medium sensitivity. Not much correlation to the Type diet. If I abstain from these foods the joint pains go away. If I eat the bad stuff I pay the price the next day. Also noticed a reduced springtime pollen allergy.

As regards Coconut, my wife (type O) and I (type cool smiley. The blood type book says to abstain. In both cases our individual tests shows we are OK with coconut.

My OPINION, there may be some small correlation between the 4 types book and reality, but not that much. An individual test would be much better but is rather expensive ($300 or more). I suspect the raw dieters will eventually become more attuned to there dietary needs. Maybe a rotation/elimination process?

Sorry for such a ramble.

Thanks. Ken.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 02, 2009 10:37PM

extract from the link that was posted by msleah.

Persons with Blood Type O need animal protein for good health, as well as vegetables and fruits.

Sorry - I just disagree with this = we all know the dangers from eating meat, what ever your blood group. etc etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables