Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food and heart disease
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: November 05, 2009 07:30AM

Hi folks

Biology undergraduate friend of daughter wants to do a project on raw food and heart disease.

We all know that raw food, or particularly vegan, is good for the heart, as no/low LDL cholesterol means no arteriosclerosis, lowered blood pressure etc etc.

BUT can anyone supply any links to hard data on raw/vegan and heart disease that might pass muster with academics?

I know there's tons, and must confess that I am here asking for your help simply because I'm travelling up to her university tomorrow, told her I'd bring some info for her friend, but...very litle time!

Raw OR vegan (or both) - fine.

Enormous thanks in anticipation!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food and heart disease
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:16PM

Hi Debbie,
The Geissen Germany study of 2005 is a cross sectional look at 70% plus raw fooders divided into three groups; mixed, ovo-lacto-vegetarian and vegan. It looks at markers for heart disease; cholesterol and triglycerides and also looks at homocysteine levels. I'm not sure about their conclusions but the data and reference section are interesting.

[jn.nutrition.org]

Re: Raw food and heart disease
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: November 05, 2009 05:49PM

Sounds good - I'll take a look. Thanks, Loeve!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables