Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what is hunger? who eats only for hunger?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 17, 2008 11:53PM

hunger is a survival instinct; you get hungry when you are low in calories - energy

I think hunger can be reflective of more body signals then just a lack of carbohydrates. If you have ever experienced a hunger for a specific raw food like celery for example thats the body letting you know that it wants something in the celery for its health and wellness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:51PM

So wait a minute...if someone craves or is hungry for a burger from burger king does this mean their body is asking for nutrition from that product....if this is the case why are raw vegans being told that cooking food kills the nutrition or that cooked food is void of nutrition or that cooked food is poison...if cooked food was void of nutrition why would we be wanting it then??? infact why even go raw, why don't we all just eat more cooked food....to me if that were true, obese people would be the healthiest people in the world....there's many reasons why we desire cooked food and I don't believe any of them are natural but just because we desire the taste of it doesn't mean we need it!

Raw vegans are constantly saying how raw foods are packed with nutrition so if this hungry for nutrition thing were true why isn't the whole world hungry for raw foods and raw foods only???? Cooked foods would be totally out of the picture because it's void of nutrition right?!

I agree with that artical by Shelton and I personally don't believe that hunger exists as we know it because we don't even know what hunger is.

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 02:58PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:58PM

ok, not everyone that eats cooked food is obese, now

i think to get a better understanding of those questions/statements on hunger and cravings is to actually read about anthropology and development of human anatomy--you know how people survived and the way we evolved; it really is quite relatable and interesting to read about..a lot of puzzle pieces can be put together with it, or at least in a better fitting way; it's a big ass confusing puzzle, but it's certainly entertaining

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: December 18, 2008 03:02PM

iLIVE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok, not everyone that eats cooked food is obese,
> now
>
> i think to get a better understanding of those
> questions/statements on hunger and cravings is to
> actually read about anthropology and development
> of human anatomy--you know how people survived and
> the way we evolved; it really is quite relatable
> and interesting to read about..a lot of puzzle
> pieces can be put together with it, or at least in
> a better fitting way; it's a big ass confusing
> puzzle, but it's certainly entertaining

Show me a person that was raised raw vegan that is obese...

Show me an animal in thewild that eats it's natural food that is obese....

RB

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 18, 2008 03:09PM

i'm not saying raw vegans are obese, but not everyone that eats cooked food is obese
most people in the wild aren't obese either

it's mostly america and the countries with more access to processed foods that are obese -- but NOT entirely

it's almost impossible to get obese being a raw vegan unless all you did was eat nuts 24/7 ; it's simply less caloric-dense food, harder to over-eat

sure, different types of food can contribute to obesity, but saying just because you probably won't get obese on raw foods doesn't make it THE typical diet, for there are plenty of people that eat cooked food and are not obese. if someone ate nothing but cooked white rice, I mean it would probably be pretty hard to get obese off of that too...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables