Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Raw Food Dating
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: December 16, 2008 06:28PM

I think "BB's" stands for "Bulletin Boards."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: December 16, 2008 07:10PM

Oh! Thanks so much.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2008 08:00PM

suvine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Men don't seem to be looking for mates here.
>
> I don't think I ever got an email from a guy
> saying something nice to me here on living and raw
> food. This isn't an invitation, just an
> observation.
>
> Love Suvine

Meh, I was pretty nice to you when I met you Suvine but you didn't seem interested. tongue sticking out smiley

Rawfoods is a great thing for a masculine dude to get into because it seems to be saturated with 80% women & 10-15% effeminate dudes.

I highly recommend any lonely guy interested in his health get into rawfoods. He should keep in mind though that a large percentage of rawfoodists are nuts (got into raw not for health but for some weird egoic reason) but then again, same with the general population.

Date: December 16, 2008 11:34PM

communitybuilder,
We have similar looking kitties.

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2008 11:41PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 17, 2008 12:44AM

Can a cat eat cornmeal? They are true carnivores, aren't they? I was always told grains hurt their kidneys.

Date: December 17, 2008 01:41AM

I feed him commercial dry food,which is mostly cornmeal.
I need to consider something better for him.??
He seems to be healthy,slim and happy thoughsmiling smiley

Didnt meant to hijack this thread with kitties.
Back to topic.

Date: December 17, 2008 02:03AM

Actually that's my parents cat. Mine are pretty slim.

communitybuilder's cats

Date: December 17, 2008 02:44AM

Cool.
I admire how you take your cats food into consideration,instead of just grabbing some cheap bag of stuff off the grocery shelf.

Brian

Date: December 17, 2008 02:53AM

I'm a dog person myself, though I don't mind cats. If I had one, I'm afraid I'd feed him just raw offal, eggs, and fish, with a scosh of parsley. My dog does love his greens and fruit, I must say. Staying on topic appears futile.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:36AM

I need to go on blingee.com and do my cat talking!!

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:55AM

I did it! My cat is more CHI-CHI

Just for you guys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 05:55AM by suvine.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: December 17, 2008 06:57AM

I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is the love of my life... We started dating before I went raw, and he's been with me for the whole raw transformation.

He now reads food labels, drastically cut down on drinking soda, is sworn to a bi-yearly mono-eating cleanse, lost 20 pounds (and kept it off). He's also the type you can't tell what to do, because he will do the opposite just to spite you. He's still a big carnivore... still eats a lot of junk... but I think he's starting to develop an awareness of what he puts into his body and how it affects him.

I fell in love with him before I got serious about my health (I was vegan when we met). Now that I am on the other side of the fence, I can't criticize him for being in a place I just spent the past year trying to get away from.

KIDS are the big issue (if I ever decide to have them). He feels it is unethical to "deprive" a child of experience, and he will never stop eating meat (as it stands right now). We've talked about it extensively. As far as kids go, no poisonous, processed foods in the house is a point of agreement. But he'd be all about organic meat... and dairy. I CANNOT TOUCH DEAD MEAT. CANNOT! (Never, ever could, never cooked an animal in my life, even pre-veg.) I don't really know if I could accept that. I couldn't feed my child something I won't put into my own body. Hmm... I'm not having kids any time soon, fortunately. =\

Sometimes, I also think it is the extremity of our differences that keeps our relationship together.

I adore the vibe of a vegetarian household, though... adore it. <3

Posted by: gold rush ()
Date: December 17, 2008 12:51PM

I met my partner when I was just barely making the shift from flexitarian (even though I'm not sure what flexi has over omni...) to veg. He was doing better than SAD, but not even close to flex. Over the next 3mos, I went flex-pesce-ovo-lacto-vegan. he was totally supportive the whole way. Later, when we moved in together, he became veg 100% THAT DAY. eventually we broke up, I left, and he continued to stay veg. He even had a new girlfriend who was not, and stuck to it. Now we're back together, and he shares raw meals with me occasionally--as I share cooked veg with him. It may be hard to swallow (ha, not to make a terrible double entendre), but if you want to be with someone, do it. food should not be central. missing out on love, over the occasional pretzel? that would really be SAD.

to qualify, I've got to say that I completely sympathize with the inability to be intimate with someone who fills their mouth with flesh.

it seems to me that you're not going to fall in love with someone who is not supportive of your lifestyle. Nor will it be someone who is unwilling to shift their habits for something you feel so strongly about.

the internet. I met a wonderful guy--raw and all--online last year. it didn't last for other reasons. if he/she MUST be raw, then who cares that you use the internet to find them? the important part is finding them. no?

Date: December 17, 2008 04:01PM

On the idea of meeting someone who is SAD eater,then transforming them,it sounds futile,but it can be done by example.
The woman I was with recently for 4 yrs ate no meat,and her ways rubbed off on me and I am meat free now.
Please,please....if any of you find someone who is compatible .....do not EVER take them for granted.
Please dont.

Brian

Date: December 17, 2008 04:22PM

The query I have to the both of you, phantom and gold rush, is where do you draw the line between a person's diet and his values system? To me, being an inveterate meat-eater seems intrinsically tied to a world view in which other species are sub dominant to humans and in which it's considered acceptable to kill and eat other sentient beings. I'm not qualifying or judging; I'm just presenting an argument. Most of us believed this way, or at least possessed this as a preconception, before we went veg or vegan or raw, whatever. I know for me a consideration of becoming a vegetarian at twenty-one was suddenly seeing that the distinction I was making between the baby bird I nursed back to health and the veal calf I was eating for dinner was a horrifically false one if I wanted to continue being empathic toward all creatures. It's OK as a cosmological quirk for some, I thought, but I'VE gotta make some changes. It was sort of my Saul-on-the-road-to-Damascus moment, so I shifted my way of operating overnight. Since then, I have loved people who didn't see the world the way I did, who had many humane beliefs and good attributes, save for their approach to eating. And while I knew I could freely love these boys, I could not imagine sharing a life with any of them, because, my god, the arguments we'd end up having about other things! It snowballs. Like about kids--if I ever have kids[I'm a member of VHEMT and plan to adopt], I cannot imagine not raising them vegetarian, for stewardship of the planet if not for other reasons. It would be very difficult to come to commity on that subject with someone who doesn't see it the way I do without feeling that one of us is compromising their entire belief system. And that, I think, dooms a relationship to a condition of constant power struggle. I don't know how you two have managed to get around this, but I really respect and admire your achievements!

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: December 17, 2008 06:47PM

I think I am ok with casual dating with a SAD eater. I doubt if I would kid myself to think that we might have a future. I would need a cooked vegeterian at least for a long term relationship.

Btw, how do I go about finding lovely women in the DC area?

Date: December 17, 2008 08:08PM

dinesh75,

Be lovely yourself, of course! Do a Google search for raw foods groups in DC; I think meetup.com or something like that is pretty comprehensive. Most states, I think, have their own regional vegan/raw foods societies or clubs(this isn't the right term, somehow). There must be a ton of veg people in DC, considering the number of progressive NGOs headquartered there. Or so my sis-in-law and brother insist whenever I state I could never live there. smiling smiley

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 18, 2008 09:13PM

When I met my now husband he was a meat eater from a small farming community. He went vegetarian instantly. I was vegan at the time. After a few years he choose to become vegan too, and a few years later we both began the raw journey together.

Keep looking, there are lots of vegetarians, vegans and health conscious individuals out there, and even if they aren't there yet when you meet them, you may plant the seed of change in their minds and hearts.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 19, 2008 08:34AM

i really love this thread
a lot
great to get different perspectives

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables