Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A Q about poo
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: November 10, 2009 07:55PM

So I went to a three week job training on Petaluma, Ca and was surrounded by the most amazing vegan pastries... Yes, I caved in and went to town stuffing my face and gaining who know how much weight but my pants are sporting a muffin top. Today is the second day I've been back to eating mostly raw (I had a coffee yesterday and today, coffee can be soooo good), the thing is I woke up with a sore throat a mild headache and kinda down... I then later in the had a lovely bowel movement and it was like a cow pie. Yep, totally unexpected because my tummy wasn't hurting or crampy and it was like a diarrhea cow pie. Do you think all of this is because of detoxing? Already?? I am still having coffee, so its not like I went cold turkey back into raw. Hmmmm, just wondering what my body is saying to me! Hope everyone is having a good monday!!

nomnomnomnom...!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Q about poo
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 10, 2009 08:44PM

There isn't much if any fiber in pastries. Wholesome produce has plenty of good roughage to "whisk" a person clean with a solid poo.

Re: A Q about poo
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 10, 2009 09:14PM

Forgive me, but your post just made me laugh and laugh because of your humor. I've been there. I'm sure we've ALL been there!! Sore throat, headache, and depression = all symptoms of toxic waste build-up from the rich cooked foods that are unfamiliar to your body. Coffee is a natural diruetic and can also stimulate peristalsis (bowel movement). So all of that combined resulted in a good old fashioned "bowl-wrapper" (as dear hubby calls it proudly when he exits the bathroom with his well-read motorcycle magazine in-hand! *LOLOL*). It is important to drink ALOT of pure water to flush out your system from all the rich surprises you enjoyed the previous day.

You'll be back to normal soon. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables