Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tuberculosis testing and career annihilation
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 10, 2009 08:50PM

in anoth forum

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 09:05PM by la_veronique.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tuberculosis testing and career annihilation
Date: November 10, 2009 08:57PM

health forum is better

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 09:06PM by la_veronique.

Date: November 10, 2009 09:07PM

will go to another forum to discuss this since this is the food forum

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 10, 2009 09:08PM

Yep. You're right. It is absolutely required and has been for years. Which is really odd for an almost obselete disease for which there is no vaccine. Shows you who is REALLY in control in our government, because to be fair, they should also require tests for AIDS, HIV, HEP B & C, and on and on and on. "Oh, but THOSE are politically incorrect and would be invasion of privacy!" PRIVACY MY FOOT !!! Not that I AGREE with testing, but you see my point. The government picks chooses the dumbest things for the dumbest reasons and you are absolutely correct about our very careers being on the line if we refuse their mandates.

Good luck to your friend fighting that one. Tell her to ask the school(s) for a waiver form and if they refuse to provide it, tell her to hire a lawyer who is brave enough to ask them pointedly WHY such a test is required when none of the other above-mentioned ones are required and when there is no magical "vaccine" for TB. Good luck to your friend, but I'm afraid her battle is a losing one.

That's America for you ! Our hard-earned, "re-distributed" tax dollars at work. *LOL* =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: ilikerawfood ()
Date: November 11, 2009 03:21AM

Where did you post it, I can't find it elsewhere.

Date: November 11, 2009 07:57AM

hi plainlydressed

thanks for your opinion
i think it is a well founded and well thought out one
i do appreciate it very much

i do wonder why TB testing is required
more pointedly i tried looking up any adverse side effects from TB testing and I was not able to do so

then again, i was trying to do that in between tasks so i was probably not very effective in my search

does anyone else know if there is any adverse effects to the TB TEST ( as distinct and separate from the vaccine itself which i know has a LOT of side effects)

you are so right

why would they require a TB test when it really is quite rare compared to all those other disease you mentioned which is a lot more prevalent

its quite sad

the body has always been a political domain

one wonders how much of one's body one really owns

how much of one's mind does one really own as well? ( media, social/cultural influence etc.)

what does this say about the spirit?

raw foods is great because it is a good basic start to break out of the matrix

of social/cultural/gastronomical Wonder Bread conditioning

At any rate, if anyone else has any info as to what the side effects are to the

TB test ( not vaccine which is separate and distinct from the test itself)

I would really appreciate it

Date: November 11, 2009 08:30AM

hey plainlydressed

what do u mean that she should ask for a waiver form
i heard that it was mandatory for all public school teachers to be tested for TB
either that or they must drum up some darn good "excuse"/reason from a doctor as to why they ought to not be tested

if it were as easy as a waiver form, i don't think there would be a problem

can u tell me more?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 11, 2009 01:25PM

la_v,

Since we are not privy to the beginning of this thread, I'm swinging blind here, but my mom had to get the TB test annually, as she was a school teacher and had tested positive for it once--lived in DP camps during WWII and all that. She never suffered any side effects. Nor did I after being tested repeatedly for preschool teacher work and, later, food service. BTW, food service workers must be tested for Hepatitis. I don't think it's a big deal; it takes just one asymptomatic infected person to cause a community health crisis . . .

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 11, 2009 03:42PM

In the past, healthcare workers could always ask for waiver forms for tests or vaccines (and I assume it used to be the same for educators), but it's been so long since I faced that situation that I highly doubt they are easily available with the government cracking down on those things. I signed many waiver forms back in my day. She can always ask. She also needs to check her state laws for vaccines and mandatory testing. Each state is different, but some states have clauses based on religion or other personal convictions. Unfortunately it is getting harder and harder to fight these things anymore, but it's worth a try if she feels strongly enough against the requirement. She would FIRST need to prepare herself to present a very strong, factual foundation behind her belief - whether it be for health or reilgious reasons - she needs a good, solid foundation for anyone to pay attention to her. Just griping against it won't fly with the authorities. AND, if she has the money, she can always hire a sympathetic lawyer who is willing to take on the system, but good luck with that too.

She can AT LEAST investigate what her options are. Most people don't even take the time to find out what their options are. SOME states have hidden clauses or exceptions tucked away in their laws that most institutions don't know about or hope YOU don't know about. So she should at least first ask questions and start investigating. That's her first line of defense. After that, it's a free-for-all and may the best player win. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 11, 2009 08:33PM

Hi plainlydressed

those are some very excellent options
I will let her know about them
thanks so muchsmiling smiley

Tamukha

basically what i posted was about a friend who had MAJOR issues with TB testing and also potentially future vaccinations related to her teaching career

i think that they just required TB testing for her

I read threads however about kids needing vaccinations for TB and this and that

does that mean that eventually they will make all teachers get VACCINATED ( not just TB tested) for TB as well?

i'm glad you had no reactions to the testing

I was wondering however if anyone else knows about any potential side effects to the TB test itself

they say the strains are "dead" but if that is the case then why would the body react to it ?

It is obvious that the vaccinations themself have very adverse effects. Its pretty scary.

I think that having a powerful immune system is key.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 11, 2009 10:49PM

la_v,

Well, in that case, I double what plainlydressed is saying about opting out of the vaccine pre-emptively. These people can advise:

[www.nvic.org]

There should be links there about how to avoid vaccination legally. If your friend's problems with the TB test are medical, it should be simple for her to get a waiver from her doctor. No busines wants to risk a lawsuit by demanding a medical procedure for someone that will become sickened by it.

Date: November 12, 2009 12:04AM

Thanks Tamukha

I'll point her to the site

Posted by: Amarynth ()
Date: November 13, 2009 04:01AM

I used to get the TB test once per year, because my employer required it. I suffered no adverse effects from the test, until I tested positive about eight years ago. Apparently my daugher (who tested positive as well) and I were exposed by someone with active TB, and we had to take the INH pills for 9 months. It was a big upset, as it was strongly suggested that everyone in the family get tested.
The health department was notified, etc. No one else tested positive except for my daugher and I, so once we finished with the medication, we have been fine. (It wasn't active TB that we had but exposure to someone who had active Tcool smiley Now I no longer have to get the test, but am required to answer a series of questions every year and a chest xray is required every five. I know it's a pain in the rear and that the disease does seem to be obsolete, but TB is still out there and very much a danger.

Blessed Be,
Amarynth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables