Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do i lose weight even if i eat nuts?
Posted by: Gurkan82 ()
Date: November 02, 2009 08:13PM

Thats my question,can i lose weight even if i eat nuts with raw food?

You now,even if i eat 100%raw food and nuts,can i lose weight?

How much nuts can i eat then to lose weight?
Sorry,mi english suckstongue sticking out smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do i lose weight even if i eat nuts?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 02, 2009 09:21PM

When I went all raw I lost weight at a good clip for a long time and then my body leveled out and I stopped losing weightt. I did this while eating plenty of fat in the form of avocados but When my weight leveled out I still had a small spare tire of flab around my middle. It wasn't until I got low fat by cutting down on avocados and any other fats in my diet that the spare tire finally disappeared. If you get to a leveling out period you might want to try the low fat diet like the 80/10/10 diet that so many of us here follow to move to the next level.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 02, 2009 09:55PM

it really depends. when i started raw, i ate tons of nuts and lost a lot of weight. now, if i eat nuts i gain. I don't know why. I think i needed that at the time, and now it's just excess because now when i eat nuts i feel really lethargic when i used to feel good.

it's hard to say! =)

i see people who are super thin who eat tons of nuts and fats, and people who do the same and are a little fatty.

Date: November 02, 2009 09:57PM

How thas it work? the diet, what do you eat then?

Where can i get more information? but then when you lose the weight and start to eat avcocado again,did you get fatti?

Date: November 02, 2009 10:54PM

Gurkan82

when you lose the weight and start to eat avcocado again,did you get fatti?

I never went back to eating a higher fat diet after the 80/10/10 diet so I don't know if I would get fat again or not.
I have continued to eat the 80/10/10 diet and loving it. Good luck.

Date: November 02, 2009 11:25PM

I didint mean to offend to when i ask about the weight,sorry:/

Still i dont now how that diet works or what it calls.
So its a little hard to starttongue sticking out smiley But well.. Yeah..

Date: November 02, 2009 11:38PM

When a person is transitioning to a raw diet I think it is better to focus on getting with the raw foods in general and not be to concerned with the low fat. Just eat anything you want as long as its raw and adjust from there.

Date: November 03, 2009 12:15AM

Well,is not the first time i eat raw but ok..

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: November 03, 2009 06:03AM

I lost all my excess weight on a raw food diet including lots of nuts. I've continued to eat nuts throughout and have never put it back it on.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 03, 2009 06:13AM

Hi, Gurkan82,

The 80/10/10 Diet is explained in a book by that name. The author is Dr. Douglas Graham. The diet is based on limiting your daily input of fat to 10% and protein to 10% of your daily food intake. I haven't read the book, but I do keep my fat and proteins around that amount to lose a bit more weight and for other health reasons. To do that I use a nutrition site, fitday.com , but there are other sites that do similar things) You just enter all of the foods you eat in a day. It will show you what percentage of fat and protein you have eaten. Then you can adjust your food choices accordingly. (It also shows the amounts of vitamins and minerals and other interesting things in graph form.) I did it for a few weeks, but now I only use it occasionally because I have a pretty good idea of what the results will be now.

I eat VERY few nuts and a small amount of seeds. There are recipes on this site and on other raw food sites. I have compiled some for myself. If you are still unsure what to eat, I can send a copy to you.

Good luck!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: November 03, 2009 10:49AM

Ahh okajsmiling smiley Thank you so much!

Yes i will love to have a copy of that recepiesmiling smiley So please send it to mesmiling smiley

Do you think its hanrd to eat that way or easy? how do you feel?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 03, 2009 06:37PM

Hi, Gurkan 82,

There are lots of recipes on the Living and Raw foods site. You get to it from the first page. There are also LOTS of other sites with recipes. I just compiled my own versions of ones that had low amounts of nuts and seeds for my own use.

Some sites have answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that you may want to read. Here is a list of some sites with information and/or recipes that you may want to take a look at:
www.rawfoodtalk.com
www.goneraw.com
www.rawfoodfarm.com
www.rawfoodexplained.com
www.gliving.com
www.allrecipes.com
www.rawforlife.co.uk
Those should get you going! But there are MANY others to explore too.

You can use recipes, but you can also eat very simply. It is called “mono eating” or a “mono meal.” That is eating just one thing at a sitting. An example would be eating a meal of just mangoes. That is a VERY SIMPLE way to eat. It is not hard at all. However, some people choose to make really complicated gourmet recipes and ones that take longer because they require dehydrating food. I don’t do that. As to how I feel, I am feeling great. That is WHY I choose to eat this way!

I have sent the recipes I mentioned to your “Private Messages.”

Have a great time not cooking!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 04, 2009 12:25AM

Hi Gurkan 82,
I gain weight if I eat nuts. I have to be very, very strict, even on a raw diet, in order to see any weight loss. Everybody's different. Some will drop weight no matter what type of raw diet they eat. Just keep experimenting and using your best judgment and intuition. Best of luck to you! :-)

Posted by: ScubaSteve ()
Date: November 25, 2009 02:09PM

Limit nuts to 1 ounce a day. This should be the healthier nuts like walnuts, almonds or possibly pecans [not peanuts or cashews].

I was 205 pounds last January but down to 170 in August and am still 170 now in November. However, if I eat more nuts than normal I will start to put on weight even though the rest of my diet is mostly raw fruit and salad with zero processed foods and zero animal foods.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables