Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

question about raw foods to eat after workout
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 06, 2009 07:29PM

I found this sweet navy seal workout online, and decided I want to start it because navy seals are rule.

Anyway, I want to stick to my raw food diet, but I am also not sure what a good way to help my muscles heal quicker after work outs with raw foods. Is there some foods that help with this?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question about raw foods to eat after workout
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 06, 2009 08:08PM

i usually have a green smoothie made with young coconut water(electrolytes), celery (natural salts) , mixed dark leafy greens (vitamins,minerals and protein) smiling smiley and maybe sometimes a bit of hemp seeds or sunflower seeds smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: November 06, 2009 10:38PM

I would say that just about anything in the raw food world would be better than any kind of supplement,pill,or powder to recover from a workout.
But following old school thought you might try the higher protein foods like sprouts,nuts,and seeds.But the leafy greens are probably better than that.

Vinny

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: November 07, 2009 03:39AM

Whats the navy seal workout web site?? Id be down for checking it out. I have heard watermelon and majdool dates are good for after workouts. Good luck!!

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: November 07, 2009 03:13PM

bananas ....as many as you can eat!

Date: November 09, 2009 01:05AM

[sportsmedicine.about.com]

"The Navy SEALs Workout routine progresses quickly to get results fast. This is one workout routine used by the Navy SEALs to get their recruits ready to pass their final exam. The two workout routines include category I (a beginners workout for those who are currently inactive) and a category II workout routine, designed for those who are currently active."

Basically it combines running, push-ups, pull ups, and sit ups 3 days a week.

Then 4-5 days of conditioning. They recommend swimming, but you can bike for twice the recommended swimming time if you can't get to the pool. I don't have a bike though either so, I will probably just get on an elliptical with some resistance weights. I do want to do the swimming eventually though.

It basically ramps up quickly. Though, I think if you aren't meeting the week 1 goals you stay at week 1. It's nice though, I just want to get real cut and firm. Nothing unnatural. Just want to work my core muscles.

Date: November 09, 2009 01:08AM

I tried 2 bananas today and some guacamole I had made.

I think next time I'm going to juice some orange juice, blend in two bananas, and mixing in a couple tablespoons of ground flax seed. I'll have to see what works best.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: November 09, 2009 02:08AM

cool

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: November 09, 2009 03:20AM

Sweet! Ill have to check it out and see where I fall into it! I try to work out and run but I haven't lately sad smiley

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: Raw Seeker ()
Date: November 09, 2009 05:00AM

Jyakulis wrote,"...but I am also not sure what a good way to help my muscles heal quicker after work outs with raw foods. Is there some foods that help with this?"

My opinion is that there are no foods to help your muscles heal quicker. Only sleep will give you healing you're looking for.

What raw foods do is give the body the nutrients it needs, digest quickly, and leave little toxicity to be cleaned up afterwards.
Because the body doesn't have to spend as much time cleaning up, the result is better sleep, quicker healing, and more energy (among other things).

Raw foods, continuity and enough time along with a good exercize routine will result in muscle growth.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 09, 2009 09:38AM

When I have worked really hard and have sweated a lot I juice up cucumber, celery and apples - then eat fruit later when I feel hungry.

Otherwise after a run I tend to have a banana/raspberry smoothie and more fruit later when I feel hungry.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: November 09, 2009 02:34PM

Juicy fruit or a fruit smoothie is good after a workout. No fat

Date: November 09, 2009 06:43PM

So, here are some observations. I felt pretty good this morning. I did two bananas after my running/push-ups etc. then the a banana smoothie after my cardio work out in the evening. In fact, I was so energized this morning I felt like doing my work out again. I didn't want to push myself too fast starting up though.

Just going raw and walking in the evenings, just wasn't cutting it for me. I would still feel sluggish in the morning. Adding the fitness made me feel more spry. I spring out of bed in the morning now. Though I did drink some coffee angry smiley. Don't know why, I didn't feel I needed it even. Guess I just did out of old habit and cause I like the taste. I think I read somewhere the sweating aids in the removal of toxins. So, maybe that's one component I was missing.

Workout Routines
Date: November 26, 2009 07:06PM

Great article.Awesome,i mean,this way it will be lesser time consuming exercises and a well-toned body.Thanks
===========================================
frank
Workout Routines

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: November 26, 2009 07:13PM

I would eat the guacamole by itself at night, if at all and with green leafy vegetables, and eat the bananas earlier in the day and allow them about an hour or two to digest. Unless you're just eating a little bit of guac.

Eat enough greens, too, along with your ripe fruit!!!! Good work. grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables