Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the effect of sunshine on water
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 27, 2009 12:25AM

I have got into the habit of leaving my water in glass jars on the windowsill for the sun to shine on them... I've heard it has some kind of purifying effect on the water... I seem to remember David Wolfe talking about doing that, and using different colour bottles for different effects on the water... does anyone know more about this? it seems to 'feel' right somehow...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the effect of sunshine on water
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 27, 2009 02:53AM

I recently watched a David Wolfe video where he spoke of the qualities of sea salt and how it was better than sea water because the volatile element bromine would have evaporated. I've heard fresh water that has chlorine benefits from a few hours of simply sitting for the same reason. Beyond that I could only guess. Hmmm, it sounds lovely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2009 03:02AM by loeve.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 27, 2009 03:16AM

Viruses and Bacteria cannot live in pure natural sunlight, so that stands to reason that exposure to those full rays would purify water. To what extent, I can't be sure, but it makes sense to me.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: November 27, 2009 12:39PM

plainydressed - can you cite a reference on this? - "Viruses and Bacteria cannot live in pure natural sunlight"

Not doubting you, but I would like to know more about it, would like to do some reading on my own. It does make sense. It would stand to reason that the UV light rays from the sun would kill pathogens as it does with a UV filter system.

Wonder if it makes a difference - UVA/UVB...

Date: November 27, 2009 02:40PM

Juicerkatz - I will provide more sources soon as I have time, but this one came to mind:

Benefits of Sunlight for your Home
Sunlight is not just good for your health. It’s good for your home environment as well. Here are some ways sunlight can be used in your home:
One of the major benefits of sunlight in your home is that it is an effective germ killer. You can clean and freshen up your blankets, quilts, and other items by hanging them out in the sunshine.

Sunlight can also prevent the rooms in your house from becoming damp and moldy. All you have to do is expose them to fresh air and sunlight on a regular basis. In one study published in the British Medical Journal, sunlight was able to kill the bacteria that was present in dust particles.

If you are worried about fading furniture and pictures, try rearranging your room so that your valuable items are out of the path of direct sunlight. But if your furniture does end up fading a little, I’m sure you’ll agree with me that the benefits of sunlight are well worth it!
[www.natural-health-restored.com]

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 27, 2009 04:17PM

I do this sometimes but I put a natural quartz crystal in the water first. This is supposed to promote some kind of catalyzation between the water, the crystal and the sunshine. I dunno, it just tastes cleaner to me afterward.

Date: November 27, 2009 10:15PM

Hi Jk - Some of these might help:

[www.safesolutionsinc.com]
[www.who.int]
[www.helium.com]
[www.dcqna.com]

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 28, 2009 03:52AM

so - all good news so far smiling smiley thanks guys.

Tamukha, that's a lovely idea about the quartz crystal smiling smiley

but, aren't crystals supposed to be kept out of sunshine? or certain ones maybe? I seem to remember reading something to that effect - but I may be wrong..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables