Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A small announcement
Date: December 16, 2008 04:52PM

A couple weeks ago, my husband and I discovered we are pregnant with our first! We're elated and beyond excited!

I have no symptoms so far... not even tiredness so hopefully that isn't something to be concerned about!

I'm going to try and stick to at least 75% raw throughout this pregnancy but my main concern is getting enough calories. I'd love to hear advice from any of you ladies (or gents!) who have gone through this. We're planning on making an Amazon order next week so if there are any book recommendations I'm all ears!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A small announcement
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 16, 2008 05:07PM

A HUGE announcement!!! Congratulations!!!

Date: December 16, 2008 05:23PM

Sundancer Wrote:

A HUGE announcement!!! Congratulations!!!

Thank you so much Sundancer *hugs*

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: December 16, 2008 06:05PM

Another Congrats from me! I am so excited to hear about your journey. I am looking to surrogate for an all natural family, and would love to have a raw pregnancy. Please keep us posted!

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: December 16, 2008 06:11PM

Also, not sure what your birthing choices look like at this point, or if you have given it any thought, but I had two babies at home. I would highly recommend it!! If you want to talk please pm me or you can message me on myspace/facebook (andrea turner)! Congrats again.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 16, 2008 06:57PM

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Lots of love to you and your new one!!!

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: December 16, 2008 10:13PM

Congratulations!!!!!. My suggestion would be when you start having cravings, follow them (as long as they are whole healthy foods), because your body knows what it needs for you and baby to thrive.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 16, 2008 10:26PM

Yes, Congratulations!!!! What a happy time!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2008 10:54PM

All the best to you and your soon to expand family. You might want to check out "Birth as we know it," a DVD and website that sounds promising. Also, research Jinjee Talifero of the Gardendiet.com; she and her husband Storm are both midwives with seemingly solid views on childbirthing and rearing.
Namaste

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 17, 2008 02:07AM

Congrats! Just try to keep your system as clean as possible (avoid chemical toxics), make sure you get enough protein (low protein diets are bad for baby's brain development) & plan waaaay in advance. My girlfriend ended up having to give birth at a hospital when her midwife bailed, very stressful.

Good luck!

You can e-mail my girlfriend if you like to ask her about her pregnancy (jamie@rawlovers.com).

Posted by: judy2008 ()
Date: December 17, 2008 03:03AM

That's wonderful.

Date: December 17, 2008 02:24PM

veggiefreak wrote:

If you want to talk please pm me or you can message me on myspace/facebook (andrea turner)! Congrats again.

I'm going to add you to facebook... I'd love to talk! We're planning a homebirth yes. Oh and I have a close friend who was a surrogate to a family last year. What a wonderful gift to give someone!

pakd4fun, zanjabil, suncloud, Windlord and judy2008 thank you so much for the congratulations and well wishes.

Narz - I remember reading about your and Jamie's midwife troubles on Sunfood. Unreal! Thank you for that reminder and your other suggestions! I will definitely send Jamie an email and appreciate you both for willing to share your experiences with me. <3

Posted by: C. Dove ()
Date: December 17, 2008 02:52PM

Congratulations! What an opportunity to experience and compare the advanages of a high raw plant-based diet. I would suggest that you add some "vegan DHA" throughout your pregnancy and lactation. And some B-12 too,for assurance only. Other than that,relax and enjoy. Lots of leafy greens. A must!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 17, 2008 04:08PM

Wonderful! Congratulations, TCC! You'll be a beautiful mamma.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 18, 2008 04:43PM

Hey Sharran! How have you been? Thank you so much for the congrats!

veggiefreak I tried to send you a message here but your inbox is full. Send me a message with your city and state. There's a number of Andrea Turner's on facebook. <3

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:24PM

Congrats!!

I too am pregnant, I just entered my second trimester.

I'd recommend reading Gabriel Cousens Conscious Eating for the extensive information on nutritional needs for raw vegan pregnancy (more than I was able to find in any other book).

Congrats again!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:42AM

congrats TCC smiling smiley i guess all that watermelon worked huh? winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:54AM

Congratulations!

May your child be blessed with good health.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables