Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Alkaline Water??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 27, 2009 01:00PM

Help!

Does anyone here drink alkaline water, or do most drink well or filtered water? I have been using distilled water, sometimes with Cell Food (actually Cell Power) drops added, sometimes with ph booster drops (alkaline drops) added. We have an ionizer packed away (we are in the middle of a move), so we are looking for the best water solution.

We are trying to add a green superfood powder to drink all day long that will support our desire for a raw lifestyle - we are testing out Vitamineral Green and Pure Synergy - and we are trying to figure out the best water to use. In the past I used Innerlight Supergreens and ph booster drops with great success but they have since turned to junk.

I was 90% raw for two years about 4-6 years ago, and then lost it after a lot of family tragedy. I did this in part by drinking 4 - 5 liters of alkaline water every day, with the supergreens and ph drops added to every liter.

Now my wife and I (and our 5 and 7 yr old) are eating raw again - been raw for 1 month so far. We are detoxing, but also feeling wonderful - we just need some physical support for when we are travelling or at work.

Thanks,

Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alkaline Water??
Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: December 01, 2009 02:46AM

OK now I show my ignorance again. Isn't all water alkaline? Some may be more alkaline than others depending where u get it from. I think coconut water is the best. Distilled water is good for cleansing and detox. Whatever you do get enough winking smiley
Peace

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 01, 2009 04:44AM

from everything ive ever read online, distilled water is more towards the acidic end of the scale smiling smiley

i got some ph test strips and tested a bottle of commercial no particular name brand distilled water and the ph was 3 .. , i tested it again with my electronic ph tester that i use for my fish aquariums and it was 2.7 ,thats pretty low .. 3 is about the PH of some vinegars and almost all soft drinks/soda pop (not suprising as softdrinks are made with distilled water to start with)

so there you go , if yer not sure what you are consuming water wise .. cheap-o test strips can give you an idea smiling smiley im not saying *ALL* distilled* water is but this particular no-name brand was smiling smiley

ooops and i just wanted to add that , *apperently* just fresh distilled water can tend to be more alkaline but once the presence of carbon dioxide in the air reaches it rapidly (extremely rapidly) drops in ph. water can pretty much absorb and disolve any known (at least natural) substance found on this earth.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 04:51AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 03, 2009 06:33PM

Hi slefoll7 -

I've done both - the drops (for about 2 months last year) and drank the water (over a period of 3 months last year). A friend of mine had the machine - I forget who makes it, though, and she said it cost her about 3 grand. I honestly could say, my body reponded SO WELL to the machine purified alkaline water. I found I had 3x increased energy, no colds, my digestion was great, etc, etc.

Of course, this is all purely my opnion. It has aided me in losing some weight - I felt like I worked out harder than when I drank regular purified water vs the alkaline water.

If I had an extra 3 grand, I would FOR SURE buy the alkaline purifier machine.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: December 03, 2009 08:12PM

adding lemon juice to water to make it more alkaline when it reaches your stomach

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables