Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fasting benefits: cumulative?
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: December 14, 2009 05:35AM

I was wondering...

Would it be more efficient to juice fast for 10 days 4 times a year, for a total of 40 days fasting?

OR...

Would it be more beneficial to juice fast just one day per week, for a total of 52 days of fasting per year?

According to the Braggs, water fasting is cumulative. Not sure if the same applies to juice fasting.

I am the kind of person whose stress disappears if changes are made slowly, consistently, and incrementally. I would much rather juice one day out of the week.

In fact, it sounds so good, I am going to do it anyway, regardless of what anyone says. >8) Haha.

But! I was wondering how the benefits would stack up for frequent short term vs. infrequent long term? Thanks. =)

<3

P.S. 1 cup of cranberries per one large bosc pear juiced... IS AMAZING!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fasting benefits: cumulative?
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 14, 2009 10:23AM

I think it depends on your health condition, current diet, and goals for fasting/cleansing.

If you are trying to regain health and still detoxing from a conventional diet, I would recommend the 10 days x 4 (or 7 days x 4).

If you are looking to maintain health that has already been regained, I would recommend the 1 x 52.

Re: fasting benefits: cumulative?
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: December 14, 2009 05:58PM

Serious fasters (like Paul Bragg who wrote a book about fasting) do both. I did a search of his book and on page 68 he says that he has gotten more benefits from the shorter fasts.

[books.google.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables