Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

to the future
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: December 17, 2009 07:27PM

The glories of going raw vegan and losing 100's of lbs was great for me. I've been at if for 3 years in january. I tried it for the health benefits and it is great mentally and physically.

But, now that my weight has plateaued and the clarity of thought has minimal improvements I wanna know where to go next.

I'm the kind of person that hates when the roller coaster ride has come to an end.

Yes, I could exercise more and tweak things further but I get bored so easily. Some of the tweaks I would like to make are shelved because of poor location, money, and resources. Let's not make too many excuses though.

So, now I'm trying to get more involved in the conscientious aspects of veganism and that is helping some.

I'm not saying I'm quitting the lifestyle at all, I just need some inspiration.

Has anybody else put in a good amount of time and had trouble refocusing?

david

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to the future
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 17, 2009 07:37PM

dvdai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> So, now I'm trying to get more involved in the
> conscientious aspects of veganism and that is
> helping some.
>
> I'm not saying I'm quitting the lifestyle at all,
> I just need some inspiration.
>
> Has anybody else put in a good amount of time and
> had trouble refocusing?

For me, what began as a health journey has become a spiritual journey. 100% raw vegan is now the fuel for my spiritual connection with the universe.

I am grateful to Viktoras Kulvinskas for including quotes from "The Essene Gospel of Peace" in his classic book, "Survival into the 21st Century." "The Essene Gospel of Peace" is IMO the ultimate health and spiritual guide.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:16PM

Where do you live? What do you do for work? What would you like to do for others? What do you still want to learn?

There is a lot of suffering in the world & will be much more in the future. Mistrust, misinformation, misallocation of resources, restlessness that most satisfy via self-destructive avenues.

Do you have children or a spouse? If so you have some responsibility to them (though if you're rich like Buddha you may still have wide open options). If not, your possibilities are limited mainly by your imagination & your pocketbook.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 18, 2009 12:20AM

dang if i was where you are now , id be enjoying just coasting on autopilot as far at the food thing goes , sounds like you got it all under control smiling smiley

id be looking into learning new things, expanding my spiritual horizons, maybe starting up teaching people stuff i already know

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: December 18, 2009 12:38AM

communitybuilder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do you live? What do you do for work? What
> would you like to do for others? What do you
> still want to learn?
>
> There is a lot of suffering in the world & will be
> much more in the future. Mistrust,
> misinformation, misallocation of resources,
> restlessness that most satisfy via
> self-destructive avenues.
>
> Do you have children or a spouse? If so you have
> some responsibility to them (though if you're rich
> like Buddha you may still have wide open options).
> If not, your possibilities are limited mainly by
> your imagination & your pocketbook.

I live in south dakota, usa. I work at a group home for mainly austic people. I am in nursing school,entering my second semester.

I'm hoping nursing will take me to a warmer climate.

So, I don't make much money but have high hopes to get out there through nursing.

I play in a band that means a great deal to me. So making music is important and I try to do that as much as I can.

Buddhism is something that I would like to learn more about actually. I hope I can do this. Nursing school is quite taxing with my time.

I guess I wasn't looking for answer because I generally know where to look. I like being out on the road or traveling in general and the restlessness is getting to me. Winters here are cold and long, but I imagine many have it much worse.

david

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables