Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Having sinus surgery and wont be able to chew...
Posted by: socalvdubgirl ()
Date: November 08, 2009 06:11AM

Hi guys just wanted to ask for some ideas on what I might be able to drink since i will not be able to chew due to this surgery. I have a juicer and a vitamix any and all ideas are welcomed.TIA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Having sinus surgery and wont be able to chew...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 08, 2009 02:49PM

socalvdubgirl,

Why not just throw what you normally eat, like mixed salads(minus dressing) and whole fruits and greens into the Vita-Mix and smoothie it up? Good luck and hope you have a fast and thorough recuperation : )

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 08, 2009 04:08PM

Sure. You can do as Tam suggested. There are plenty of great smoothie recipes. Or you could stick (as I would do) to straight fruit juices like apple, orange or grape! smiling smiley It's all good.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: ScubaSteve ()
Date: November 25, 2009 02:18PM

Are you sure this surgery is necessary?
.................................................................................

Kate was a 42 year-old woman with a 20 year history of sever an frequest migraine headaches. When she first went to see Dr. Joel Fuhrman she was taking Fiorinal and Repan on a regular basis as prescribed for her condition. She was also taking Deconsal for sinusitis and allergic rhinitis.

She started on Dr. Fuhrman's migraine reversal diet and 3 weeks later reported that her chronic sinus condition had completely cleared. She no longer needed medications.

[from page 87 of "Fasting and Eating For Health" by Joel fuhrman, MD

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 25, 2009 03:18PM

Here's some info about the mucusless diet from amazon.com: [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 25, 2009 09:22PM

Smoothies Smoothies Smoothies - veggie or fruit or green. Blended soups. Fresh juices. You'll do great. Good luck and keep us posted. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: deafdrummer ()
Date: November 26, 2009 09:52PM

That brings back memories of my top-and-bottom jaw surgeries to correct my overbite while I was in braces. Since both jaws were involved, no chewing whatsoever was allowed. I had a blender that I used to puree EVERYTHING. At that time, I wasn't full raw, so I pureed vegetarian chilies, soups, mashed up potatoes thoroughly, made up fruit smoothies with celery and lettuce added in, etc.

I had to carry this cheap-a$$ noisy blender to work with me every shift. I had a bag that happened to be sized perfectly for the blender and accessories. I did this for about 6 months (actually, I could have stopped sooner, but short breaks and lunches didn't allow for eating painfully at my leisure).

I am GLAD this is all behind me now, now that I can eat like everyone else with normal jaw structures for the first time in my life.

Stephanie

Posted by: socalvdubgirl ()
Date: December 17, 2009 06:12PM

Thanks for all the awesome ideas I am glad to report that I am 4 weeks out and doing great. Still cant chew but i keep the vitamix whirling.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 17, 2009 08:28PM

socalvdubgirl,

Glad to hear you are sailing through! Speedy recovery to ya : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables