Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

controlling the little things
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 17, 2009 02:24PM

One of my favorite movies is "28 Days". [www.imdb.com] In the movie Sandra Bullock plays a person with addictions who goes to a rehab center. While there she meets a baseball player who teaches her how to pitch a baseball into the strike zone and inadvertently teaches her how to overcome her addictions at the same time. His lesson is about focusing on the little things you can control and letting go of the rest. I relate to this part of the movie because I recognize one of my triggers for the "slips" that I have had as happening when I watch the news and become frustrated with what I see and hear. I can control that aspect of my life by just tuning into something else besides the news. Do you have any favorite movies that speak a raw lesson to you ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: controlling the little things
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:54PM

Wow.
Great thread topic!
Yes,the more raw I have become,the less I want to watch stuff like the news.Its all so negative oriented,like binging on burgers and fries.
I dont know about any movies that deal with a raw lesson,but one in general,in how becoming raw leads to more mindfulness and compassion,is the scene played out in "Last chance Harvey" with Dustin Hoffman.His character was "purified" (raw eating) by his experiences in his own creation of detachment,to become very mindful and compassionate of the present moment.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2009 04:01PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 17, 2009 04:08PM

Sure. Plenty of movies that have lessons. I watched Memento last night. I love the moral of being aware of the consequences of our actions - and not letting complacency simply take over. Heh..heh.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: andabanana ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:59PM

What the %#^! [bleep] Do We Know! Is a very good movie that reminds us of our inner-power, power of the mind etc...

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 17, 2009 06:00PM

One insight I have had in the last year is that the world will not be saved through politics. This has allowed me to let go of watching news and following politics closely, as I have done for many years.

I have also noticed more and more that watching news brings me down, so I am consciously moving away from it. The world is filled with darkness (this is what the news focuses on) and IMO it is most emotionally healthy to focus on the Light and to do "little things" as individuals to bring more light and truth into the world.

A movie I saw recently with a good "raw" lesson is "Evan Almighty" – sticking with one's convictions in spite of the crowd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2009 06:08PM by Omega.

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: December 18, 2009 09:41PM

Don't get me started on the lessons in The Matrix.
How deep does that rabbit hole go?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables