Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How did you make the transistion into a Raw Diet?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2009 03:43AM

I've decided to only eat fruits, vegetables, and nuts. However, I'm not quite ready to let go of my Sriracha and Ruffles just yet.

My goal is to not eat anything besides fruits, vegetables, and nuts by the time I'm 20 years old. (About 2 years.)

How hard was it for you to change your diet so completely?
And is it harder for girls to change the diet? (Hello cravings!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How did you make the transistion into a Raw Diet?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 19, 2009 03:58AM

I think your time frame is excellent. I only wish others were as reasonable at setting long-term goals! smiling smiley I think your pursuit is certainly excellent.

I don't think it's hard to change diet permanently if one sets the right small goals.....and plans a LIFESTYLE....and a frame of thinking....and if one is prepared to live/eat the way they wish without feeling defensive.

I'm a guy.....and perhaps it might be more difficult for a girl/woman...but I don't necessarily think so. I think good diet is an issue that certainly cuts across racial/ethnic/sex boundaries.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 23, 2009 03:14AM

David,
"I'm a guy.....and perhaps it might be more difficult for a girl/woman...but I don't necessarily think so. I think good diet is an issue that certainly cuts across racial/ethnic/sex boundaries."

I think if anything living foods might be easier for women in some ways. People often loose weight going raw, and that is often more socially accepted for women than men. At least that is my perception. Someone recently commented on my weight loss, and it didn't sound entirely complementary. I have also heard some people call fruits and raw vegetables 'chick food', meaning that they are trying to get thin or remain thin.

I had a discussion with my partner about dietary ideals and culture. Neither of our cultures were raw or vegan, there is significant resistance on his part to the idea of raw vegan being ideal, because so many cultures are not. I think he thought I was pressuring him to change it, or try it. I quickly said I don't want him to do anything he doesn't feel comfortable with or does not understand. I am realizing that one has to be drawn to living foods, one cannot be forced into it.

TwistedTransistor707
Proceed at your own pace and understanding.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 23, 2009 03:53AM

I certainly agree with you Mislu. Diet is a very concrete way that intelligences link up.....and therefore it is a very powerful force.....almost a religion to some. It is not simply some simple choice....like whether I'm going to wear black socks or white socks under my slacks....heh..heh.

I always feel that personal success arises from the support and love I'm able to show to others and to myself. If I aint doin that...than it doesn't matter what the 'right' thing is! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables