Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are raw coconut spreads good for children?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 13, 2010 05:57AM

I have been on a raw diet for 6 months and I am trying to move my whole family onto healthy raw foods. Not too easy with young children who have been used to chocolate and sweets. I have started buying coconut butters from my local markets. They taste great and my children love them. They are being advertised as healthy and Raw from the company below.

[www.cocopure.com.au]

How can I be sure they are Raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are raw coconut spreads good for children?
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 13, 2010 11:57AM

Well, the term "Raw" is unregulated of course. The company says its chocolate ingredient is "essentially" uncooked, which seems to be saying compared to conventionally processed chocolate it is relatively raw. Looks like a good product in that it is minimally processed and vegan.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 13, 2010 01:08PM

Agree with loeve. You could also just buy raw coco butter(with the flesh mixed in) and raw cacao from a reputable raw chocolaterie, and mix it up from scratch. That way, you could gradually diminish the amount of raw chocolate, in case you don't want your kids to be eating a lot of it. Otherwise, I think this product is probably a really good source of healthy fat for your children : )

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 13, 2010 06:53PM

Sure, from scratch is pretty easy too, with a juicer using mature coconuts. My Jack LaLanne juicer makes short work of it yielding about one cup per nut just from feeding the coconut chunks down the chute and catching the "butter" like you would juice (the coconut flour going to the collection basket and a little oil to scrape out from the bowl). John Kohler shows how to make coconut butter with the Omega 8006 and a dehydrator--

[video.aol.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 07:06PM by loeve.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2010 06:17PM

Hi to all, the easiest thing to do is feed the children what you eat, slowly but surely they will jump into your bandwagon smiling smiley

You did not mention specific ages but our 6, 3, 1 y/o boys love our lifestyle since its the only thing they know.

Store bought treats are big No-No since you are not sure what are TRULY in them.

We have included our children in the food prep and it will amaze you how in the spur of the moment they are salivating over say a green smoothie.

Making your own butter and say adding dates or raisins to give it that sweet taste will break them away from the chocolate fix since now they will be fixed on the sweet butter, just make sure frequently brush their little chumpers smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables