Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chia Seed - Coconut Water Fresca
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: January 27, 2010 05:56PM

I just tried a "Chia Seed - Coconut Water" Fresca that was delicious! Normally, in Mexico, it's common to mix 1 part chia seed to 9 parts water and let the chia seed absorb the water and form a gel like substance and then add lemon juice, very refreshing, esp on a hot day.

Anyway, I have just tried my first set of young thai coconuts and have been saving the coconut water in my refrigerator for the electrolytes. So, I decided to make a chia seed - coconut water fresca. It was delicious. I put a glass on my weight scale and added roughly 3 tablespoons of chia seed equal to 30 grams, then filled the glass with coconut water until it got to 300 grams (ensures 9 to 1 ratio of water to seed). And it let it set in the frig for 10 minutes or so. It was very good. The light sweet taste of the coconut water was a great match for the chia seed. Very filling too. Give it a try.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chia Seed - Coconut Water Fresca
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 27, 2010 06:09PM

Yum, this sounds like a raw vegan version of the coconut "bubble drink" that one gets at the Thai or Vietnamese restaurant. I'm gonna give this a try in the summer; no need for cool refreshment when it's 25 degrees Fahrenheit in the full sun!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables