Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Graham aging on 80/10/10
Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 04, 2010 06:25PM

I saw a recent picture of Douglas Graham. He does not look well at all. He is clearly aging and looks much older than he is. He definitely does not look well to me. And I read he actually admitted himself that he looks older.

This is scary!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Graham aging on 80/10/10
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 04, 2010 06:45PM

what picture ? and where did he admit that?

personally i think he looks great for his age

is there some set in stone predefined Look for people of certain ages?

genetics play a role somewhat in how people age

why do you find this scary ? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: February 04, 2010 07:57PM

One will age on ANY diet.

As Matt Monarch has wisely put it, a raw food (or 80/10/10) diet is simply the least obstructive diet one can eat. However, one will still age on this (or any) diet, both from the diet and from the daily load of external toxins to which we are constantly exposed.

greenpower, can you please post your picture, your age and the details of your diet so we can see how you look?

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 04, 2010 08:36PM

Of course aging is part of life. But what when people look older than they really are? I expect rejuvenation from a good diet. How can I tell my patients what to eat, if they see that I look like crap? They will not listen to me.
By the way Omega, my picture is not at all relevant. I am aging much faster than I would like, and this was on a high fruit-low fat diet. I have reduced my intake of fruit considerably (I had to because it worsened my IBS), and I am trying to find a balance, which is not easy.
When I saw Graham I was shocked. I do not know how to copy the video, it was actually a video. It says he is born in 1953.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 04, 2010 09:10PM

Dr. Graham engages in a lot of athletic activity that can cause oxidative stress, and I think he does it in the sun as often as possible. This could conceivably make a person look less than "firm and fully packed," as they used to say. Also, as much as I am loath to admit it, fat, especially saturated fat, maintains tissue tensility. I have heard, I think also in a video on YouTube, that he tries to get under 10% fat in his own diet, so . . .

Youthfulness is subjective.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: February 04, 2010 09:49PM

The difference on other people than Graham is that Graham will feel great all his life, until the last week of his days, when he feels slower and dies. Instead of feeling weak and slower for 30 years, that other people usually feel.

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: February 04, 2010 10:14PM

He admits to spending too much time in the sun. Ever seen 50+ y/o marathon runners?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 04, 2010 10:28PM

hmmm well i cant finda vid that relates to that .. i do like him better with short hair .. i think it suits him better then the messy surfer curly hair ..not sure if he has long or short hair now smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 04, 2010 10:34PM

I think he looks a lot healthier and happier than many other raw foodists I have seen.

Everyone ages differently. Some omnivores look great (on the outside at least). Some smokers look great. If you're only concerned about looks, I'd suggest plastic surgery.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 04, 2010 10:34PM

Let those in glass houses not throw stones.

Greenpower - do you tell your patients that you haven't fixed yourself yet?

I wish people would look at what people do rather than count the lines on their face.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables