Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ideal weight!
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 27, 2010 05:51AM

I got on a really good digital scale today, actually state of the art at a hospital. I was there keeping company with a friend who is going to have surgery. I knew I had lost weight, but I was in for a bit of a shock. I was about 20lbs lighter than I guessed I would be. For a moment I was a bit afraid, maybe I lost too much weight. But after thinking about it, I was actually at my 'ideal weight' I remember reading years ago on a chart, based on my height. I always thought those charts were too unrealistic, and unachievable weights. I had been within 10-15lbs before, but never within the suggested range. Now I am, at least for now. Things always have a way of changing.

I don't have a scale at home, I just go by what I see in the mirror. I sometimes think its too thin, but I am used to a body image thats slightly overweight. This is something to get used to! I will have to buy new clothes soon, as almost nothing fits the new me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ideal weight!
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 27, 2010 07:18AM

Woohoo! Doesn't that feel good? Congratulations, on meeting your goal. smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 27, 2010 03:45PM

Goodness!!
I sure wish I could step on a scale and see a reading thats 20 lbs lighter than I thought!

Vinny

Date: January 27, 2010 08:57PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Goodness!!
> I sure wish I could step on a scale and see a
> reading thats 20 lbs lighter than I thought!
>
> Vinny

I think that sort of thing happens when you aren't expecting it, or are trying to loose weight! I guess like 'a watched pot never boils!' I am fearful of loosing weight most of the time, but this time I am ok with it. I just felt like ok, maybe this is where I am supposed to be to be healthy.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 28, 2010 05:52PM

For those that are eating healthy...or getting crap about their weight...I often remark that there are very few diseases associated with being at a low weight....if getting the proper nutrition....as opposed to the opposite (high weight and low nutrition is a recipe for diabetes and circulatory issues).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: February 06, 2010 05:57AM

I am still loosing weight. Some time ago I had a new hole punched on my belt, but now I am on that new hole again, and even that seems too loose. So I am on the watch that I don't start looking like Jeremy Gillitzer.

[news.xinhuanet.com]

He used to look really good, but developed anorexia. Apparently he suffered with it for many years. Does this stuff sneak up on one without realizing it?
[img4.imageshack.us]

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: February 06, 2010 06:11AM

wow, those pictures are shocking

david

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2010 06:12AM by dvdai.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 06, 2010 01:49PM

Mislu,

Those photos are appalling. That you are being vigilant about your own attitude I think increases your chances for NOT becoming anorexic. Remember that it is common that while one's metabolism is still adjusting, the body continues to shed stored fat. Once the bulk of detoxification is completed, the weight goes back up to what is optimum for one's own organism.

Date: February 07, 2010 03:24AM

well, I hope so. I have been eating a lot better than I have been for a long time, but I am not completely raw, so I am surprised. Its good to know however.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables