Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

All welcomed to this place of peace...
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 30, 2009 01:31AM

Good evening,
Welcome.

I was prompted tonight to create this place for all to come and share what gives them inner peace.
What brings you to that place?
What thoughts do you focus on?
What do you do in actions?
What gives you that peace,even if its a terrible day,to once again feel everything is ok?

I had been at my folks house.Me and my father just fixed up an old mini motor cycle,commonly known as a "minibike".As I was riding it all around their property,my insides were smiling as my mind drifted back 40 yrs to my childhood,when me and my father would ride that same minibike together in the field in back of our house.
I returned home,and put on my walking shoes,to go out and do my evening walk of gratitude.For an hour I was able to hold thoughts of gratitude in my mind for what I had,not what I didnt have.The walk became more enjoyable as I could smell the first hints of people having fires in their fireplaces,and that nip in the air that announced the closing of another summer.A summer I can say was the quite fine.
I returned home from my walk to see my kitty laying so content on the living room sofa.
My first thought was to log on here,and create this cozy place you all can share on what brings you peace.....

Vinny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: All welcomed to this place of peace...
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 30, 2009 03:32AM

How lovely! Like you I find peace in nature. Every day I walk through a stand of old growth trees in a reserve adjacent to where I live. I feel privileged to be in that space. Walking along the trail, I listen for native birds and notice changes - like more water flowing in the stream or flowers on the path blown down by the wind that came through the night before. On the path I feel myself moving through space and feel appreciation and gladness and peace. Most of the time I am not thinking... just moving and sensing. Just writing about it gives me that feeling again. Thank you.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 30, 2009 04:45AM

Music. I like to listen to some low volume, new age, instrumental, slow tempo, interesting beat music in the background. Every so often a piece of music will get my attention and I tune in and focus my attention on the music and it washes over me like a feeling of becoming a calm lake on a windless day.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 30, 2009 03:12PM

I look at the love around me and everything around me and I feel deep gratitude. I Never used to be that way never remembered.. But now I try to bring that feeling more often. It comes automatically sometimes and fills me up.. Pure joy!

Best
A Iyer

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 30, 2009 04:41PM

eaglefly:

<<For an hour I was able to hold thoughts of gratitude in my mind for what I had,not what I didnt have.>>

I think that is the definition of gratitude: to hold in ones mind the things that one has and focus on them in a spirit of sincere and thankful acknowledgement.I love this.

Date: October 02, 2009 02:28AM

Wanted to wish peace to all who have come here to post,and all who have read this thread today.

I was grateful today that I was able to help the wife of a friend who is having a rough time right now.

I have been lacking in service to others much of my life,but no more.

Vinny

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 02, 2009 12:51PM

Vinny,

You are a blessing to these forums : )

Date: October 02, 2009 02:16PM

Thank you.

I want to be a blessing.

I am aligning my spirit to what matters in life,after many years of going down the wrong path,and want to benefit others,cause I dont want to keep it all inside.
smiling smiley

Vinny

Date: October 07, 2009 01:57PM

May the life force of the wonderful raw foods you eat today be a blessing to all the cells of your body.

Date: October 16, 2009 06:55AM

Very grateful to all who shared here.
Its getting cozier in here as the weather cools down.

Date: October 16, 2009 11:33AM

i'm not sure how many people share this sentiment with me

but there is no finer season than autumn

autumn
autumn
autumn

it smells different it feels different it IS different

nothing like it
at all

of course

i also say that about other seasons at the time they are occurring LOLsmiling smiley

but truly.... autumn is very close to my heart
a heck of a lot more than summer

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 16, 2009 01:48PM

I like time with family, computer games, poetry, literature. Meditation and exercise I find peaceful. Many times I find nature more challenging and fascinating rather than peaceful! Ha! ha! The other day I had a snake just DROP out of a tree nearly right on me! No worries....I don't taste like chicken.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 16, 2009 03:14PM

Ahh nature.
It surely is a place of peace to me now,and so many times in the past.
All 4 of them,in their own special way.

Agreed they can be less than peaceful,like times my car was sliding down a snow covered road towards a tree.

I used to think I was strange in some way.
I would connect with something(the seasons)and it seemed like none of my buddies did.They were connecting with football games and nightclubs.I would rather row a boat across a lake.Take my binoculars into the woods and look at birds.

I am glad others can contact this presense like I do.

David,maybe you tasted like fish and the snake wanted chickensmiling smiley

Vinny

Date: October 18, 2009 12:28PM

daveymason

u always lead such an interestin life .. what with snakes fallin around you and whatnotsmiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 18, 2009 02:04PM

Ha! ha! Thanks LaV. I have a healthy respect for nature...and cherish the chance for some 'close encounters' here in Florida....which DO come up. Snakes...spiders...very common. The other day I'm out walking and two adolescent deer bolt on the opposite bank of the canal....trapped outside of a long fence. I got to watch them walk and bound up and down the side of the fence.....unable to find their way back inside (I knew they would eventually once I left). They had these huge bushy white tails! Ha! ha! Deer can be so graceful....and so....not smart at the same time. Seem to be fairly skittish animals....similar to rabbits. Tip: A great way to see deer close up is on a hot air balloon ride! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 19, 2009 01:02PM

This morning, just as the sun was rising behind our backs, my dog and I had to contrive a way to pass around one doe sleeping solitary in the middle of the field where we walk. I didn't want to shortchange the dog his "constitutional," nor did I want to rouse the deer. Talk about a fine balance! I kept thinking, "no, don't get up, don't get up." We managed somehow to get in a good walk,and to still enjoy the frigid acrid air of autumn, and the subtle turning of the colors. I love fall like a person, la_veronique!

Yesterday, I spent five quiet minutes intently watching a downy woodpecker slowly edge up the trunk of a mulberry tree in my yard. My brain was void of thought, there was no sound, just the gradual movement of black and white feathers against cocoa colored bark. I swear it was like a meditation session . . .

Date: October 19, 2009 04:31PM

Tamukha,
It sounded like a wonderful walk.
I too find my most peaceful moments during my walks.
Thanks for posting.

Vinny

Date: February 16, 2010 01:17PM

unfortunately my peace has been destroyed by yet another disillusion that a relationship could ever work out.

Date: February 16, 2010 02:13PM

Oh, Vinny : (

Please take some time to be selfish and then regroup--you deserve to be happy.

Date: February 16, 2010 02:41PM

fresh cabbage juice

Date: February 16, 2010 02:55PM

Sad to say, but financial security gives me that inner peace! Yawn!

Also gardening. Growing fruit/veg plants from seed is so rewarding. It feels like I'm contributing to something very significant... not just my belly smiling smiley

Date: February 16, 2010 05:29PM

fucj with it then

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: February 16, 2010 06:13PM

Peace to you Vinny, and all. Today I started onion seeds for they take a long time. For me, I need to focus my energy on something that grows, is part of nature, and that does not mean me any harm. Growing vegetables, fruits, sprouts, etc has been helping to heal me and keep me grounded. Again Peace.

Faeterri

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 16, 2010 07:36PM

For me listening to calming music, doing something creative like arts and crafts that helps a LOT.

Date: February 16, 2010 11:33PM

Its amazing how you can totally lose touch with the inner peace,and the whole world feels rejecting,cold,and has no point whatsoever.

where to go from here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 11:33PM by eaglefly.

Date: February 17, 2010 12:08PM

Where to go from here is... forward. Again Peace to you. You are cared about whether you are in touch with it or not. Being very sensitive, I feel your pain. I put out there for it to dissipate. I for one and thinking about you and your healing and well being.

Faeterri

Date: February 17, 2010 01:33PM

eaglefly- i guess we all feel like that at some point. It's hard to keep staying put together, and only to then get knocked back by something and feeling discomfort/rage/rejection again.

IMHO, sometimes the worst thing to do is to 'think' too much. Stop thinking about the negative big picture, and do something fun, just for yourself. We can do garbage disposal in our sleep.

There's a book I like called 'How to Solve Our Human Problems' by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. About recognising that we CHOOSE how we feel about things.

Date: February 17, 2010 03:53PM

Thanks everyone.
It is super hard.
One of the things that gave me peace was my park walks,and with 48" of snow in the past week here in Pa,that isnt happening any time soon.

Vin

Date: February 17, 2010 10:14PM

Wish you had snowshoes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables