Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruits and heavy metals
Posted by: sweterson ()
Date: July 07, 2006 04:37PM

Does anyone know the reason why fruits in the diet do not work for eliminating heavy metals? I read about it in Dr. Huggins book, and discovered for myself he is oh so right. BUT, there was no explanation. I think it must have to do with the sugar??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruits and heavy metals
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 07, 2006 10:58PM

I use zeolite to eliminate heavy metals:

[www.therawdiet.com]

Fruits won't pull them out.

Date: July 08, 2006 09:21PM

Thanks Mike, but that's not exactly what I was asking. I want to know why fruits hold up heavy metals in the body and will not allow the body to eliminate them. Even if I was taking zeolite, chelation therapy or whatever, if I am eating fruit, I will NOT eliminate the metal. It just seems kind of weird to me.

Swet....could you share where you heard that
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: July 08, 2006 09:30PM

info about fruit disabling heavy metal detox?

Thanks

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 09, 2006 11:32AM

I have never heard that about fruit and heavy metals. Where did you hear this?

Fruit will not prevent zeolite from pulling out heavy metals, why do you think this?

Date: July 09, 2006 01:58PM

As I stated in my first post, I read this in one of Dr. Hal Huggins books about metal detox. I found it out for myself when I started my heavy metal detox. I cannot eat any fruits or the metal will not come out, no matter what I am taking to get it out. Spices/herbs also hold up the metal for me. Now, some of this may be my own weird body, but Hal Huggins is a so called expert on this and the fact that he mentioned the fruit makes me think a lot of people cannot eat fruit either.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: July 09, 2006 10:51PM

If you read the following references, it appears that to detoxify from heavy metals, plants and bacteria developed specials enzymes which are able to trap the heavy metals in the cell, and carry them out. Such enzymes are not present in fruits. And some plants developed these enzymes for specific heavy metals only.

J.L. Hall, 2002, Cellular mechanisms for heavy metal detoxification and tolerance, Journal of experimental Botany, Vol. 53(366), pp 1-11
B.P. Rosen, 2002, Biochemistry of arsenic detoxification, FEBS Letters, Vol. 529, pp 86-92

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables