Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

80/10/10 and greens
Posted by: scottiethomas ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:08AM

Hi all,

I have just ordered a copy of Dr. Grahams book. I've been reading many posts on the 80/10/10 diet and I am curious why greens are not as important as fruit. My path the universe has laid before me has brought many people and books into my life, stressing the importance of greens, and now this path has brought to my attention, 80/10/10 and I am now a little confused.

does anyone care to converse with me and help me understand, or share with me their experiences, in a nut shell, eating mostly fruit and not eating greens...

thanks,
scottie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 80/10/10 and greens
Posted by: zella ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:14AM

I believe he is saying they are just as important..you just don't eat as much of them as you do fruits. I did this last summer and I ate all fruit..and my body would tell me when to eat greens. Mostly when I didn't crave anything sweet and needed something crunchy. I would roll up a banana in iceberg lettuce. It was so good! I would make tomato sauces to put on eggplants. It was a simple way to eat and I loved it. It's hard to do when it's cold though. I wanna do it again this summer and see if I can one day make it a permanent thing.

Vegetarian Children's Book Club ~ [VegetarianChildrensBookClub.com]

Books for and about Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw Vegan Kids!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:34AM

80-10-10 is a high greens diet. I think he recommends something like 2 pounds of greens a day. More if you are more active. For myself, I ate that volume of greens when I first started eating high fruit, but nowadays I don't have a desire to eat that many greens. I think after a year or so I started to feel saturated with greens, and now I eat them as I feel in the mood for them.

But for beginners, who may be transitioning from a low nutrient SAD diet, eating a lot of greens is a great way to start the raw diet.

Date: February 18, 2010 10:16AM

yes..I believe there are phases where we eat more greens and sometimes we eat less...and it's all according to what your body is telling you. I gets easier and easier to trust your body's cravings the more you stick to raw foods.

Date: February 18, 2010 03:08PM

zella, that does sound quite good!

Prana, thank you I was in need of this clarification! I've been reading about the amazing properties of chlorophyll in the human body; how molecularly it is almost identical to hemoglobin. I feel amazing when consume greens, especially when juicing them. Perhaps because my blood has been in need of cleansing, and i will crave them less and less when this process is for the most part, complete.

Zella, I've been noticing the more I've incorporated raw foods in to the diet (for about 6 months in varying degrees) I have been more in tune with my body and what it needs

thanks for your replies guys! pleasure to meet your acquaintance

scottie

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 18, 2010 04:56PM

From what I have read over the past couple of years greens are vital for essential nutrients.

Date: February 18, 2010 07:09PM

Also, when we first start we have much more mucus build up and cannot absorb the greens as well. After awhile on raw fruits, veggies and greens it starts to break down that mucus and we can absorb nutrients better.

Date: February 18, 2010 10:57PM

oh wow, thanks zella, that is valuable information

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables