Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New To Raw, Losing Too Much Weight!
Posted by: ShineON ()
Date: July 07, 2006 10:56PM

Thank you so much for being here, you all have been a tremendous source of support and information.

I'm new to the Raw food lifestyle, and so far it's been a rollercoaster, and it's only been 1 week. I find that I'm losing weight rapidly and I was thin to start off. I'm just wondering if anyone else had a problem with weight loss and fatigue. I don't know if this will level off and it's a detox thing? I'm drinking a large fruit smoothie for breakfast, huge salad for lunch, snacks of almond butter wrapped in lettuce, and fruit, advocados, etc.. Any suggestions. Also my mental focus has been way off.. I'm also a long distance runner and that has been put on hold until my energy comes back.. I really want this because when the side effects aren't there I feel amazing, and it seems like the RIGHT way to eat.. I feel it..

Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New To Raw, Losing Too Much Weight!
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 07, 2006 11:18PM

normally, the first amount of weight you drop is water weight. after a couple months, your body will settle and find it's "happy zone". you could always eat more seeds, nuts, and veggies containing natural fats. You are probably just loosing water weight right now and if you are active, muscle will replace it.

Re: New To Raw, Losing Too Much Weight!
Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 07, 2006 11:18PM

I think many people go through a stage where they lose a lot of weight and then they rebuild their body with lovely raw nutrients and slowly gain weight again. This is a slow process but it`s worth it. Same goes for muscle mass as well. You will lose it and then gain it back-only it will be all better.

I`ve learned many new things-for example after a while you can gain weight and muscle even on fruits and greens-you don`t need to always eat lots of nuts and seeds! Amazing!

Storm ( www.thegardendiet.com) explains this all well especially when concerned about exercise, weight ,muscle all that....

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2006 11:20PM by vegangoddess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables