Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just the most amazing smoothie
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: March 16, 2010 11:44AM

I had some prepared fruit left over in the fridge from my packed lunch.
Black grapes, strawberries, pineapple and kiwi fruit. I added bananas, fresh orange, passion fruit juice and ice. Then I vitamixed it.
Wow! what a taste sensation and what an immediate energy boost. I loved it.
Just had to share it.

Hey! The sun is out in England today! I'm off to play with the dogs in the sun with the rest of my smoothie packed in a flask.
Happy days!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just the most amazing smoothie
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 16, 2010 04:28PM

yummy! I had passion fruit this morning for brek, sooo ripe and juicy smiling smiley

I've been loving frozen berries in my smoothies lately.. such a nice convenient way to eat berries...(fresh ones are so expensive and can go mouldy really quick) I've been getting them in Sainsburys, I just hope they're frozen fresh and nothing nasty has been done to them beforehand...

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 16, 2010 07:47PM

Yeah I buy frozen raspberries and frozen summer berries from Waitrose - should be ok. I always defrost them first and add them to a couple of bananas and maybe a little bit of spinach and a splash of water. You're right the fresh berries would use up my housekeeping in a flash!!!

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: March 18, 2010 11:17AM

M&S of all places have a great deal on strawberries and grapes at the moment. I dont normally shop there for groceries. I discovered them purely by chance. Long may it last!

Date: March 18, 2010 01:18PM

Can you believe - ENGLISH strawberries are hitting the shops now. They have been grown in glass houses in Kent. I can't imagine how much energy it must have taken to heat and light them. I wonder if the carbon footprint is less to import them than to grow them in an English winter!!!!

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 18, 2010 01:51PM

The last couple of years I have tried to go berry picking throughout the summer in order to start the winter with a freezer full of my own berries. It's not nearly as nice as fresh, but it's well worth the effort. Now that we're heading into spring, it's a good thing to start to keep in mind. Many berries will have very short seasons once they're ready, and it's important to find a U-pick place and move when you have the opportunity.

Date: March 19, 2010 06:34AM

Frances - that is good advice and I try to do that. there are very few 'pick your own' places in england now as they found they just weren't profitable enough. One of the reasons is we have such unpredictable summers - lots of rain in the last 3 summers has seriously damaged fruit crops.

but Hey - cross your fingers that we have a glorious hot summer this year - it would make a nice change!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables