Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Step by step insrtuctions for making your own sprout bag.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 25, 2010 02:29AM

I made up a step by step tutorial for making your own sprout bags. I didn't include a measurement for the bag because they can be made to suit your own sprouting needs. Mine is fairly small as I am the only one who likes sprouts but if there are more than one of you, you can stitch up a big one. Whatever the hook you hang it on will take.

You do need a bit of sewing experience but not much, the instructions are very simple. And you could sew it by hand too but you'd have to figure out a way to keep the drawstring opening from fraying.

Here you go!
[www.flickr.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Step by step insrtuctions for making your own sprout bag.
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 25, 2010 02:57AM

Coco, so once you have a bag, you soak the seeds inside of the bag overnight covered in water in a jar and then hang the bag to drain and keep rinsing them in the bag until they have sprouted?

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 25, 2010 03:07AM

No, you soak the seeds overnight in the jar of water, then pour that out into the bag, let it drain, hang by the drawstring over something to catch the drips (I have a hook over the sink) and rinse it twice daily, once in the morning and once at night is good. In about 2-3 days the tail or sprout of a lentil will be about the length of the lentil itself (time varies depending on size of seed/legume etc so check daily) this is the optimal nutritional phase so eat then or store in a container in the fridge for up to a week.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 25, 2010 03:09AM

Thanks. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables