Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Off topic a bit...Breast implants and raw food
Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 08, 2006 02:11AM

Does being raw help decrease the chances of having complications while getting breast implants or does it actually increase chances of complications? Have any of you`ll had implants or know any raw food people that have? Been wondering this with a few friends for a bit...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Off topic a bit...Breast implants and raw food
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: July 08, 2006 04:21PM

There are times in your life that stuff like breast implants seem like a great idea, and for years I thought I would have liked to go for it, but somehow, I never did. Then, when I turned 40, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Can't understand this, I was a healthy mother of four, vegetarian (not raw), fit, and with no family history whatsoever. Now I have a mastectomy and am faced with decisions about reconstructive surgery in a body that has been unbelievably damaged from all the chemotherapy and radiation treatments. They can't even predict whether I will be okay, because it had spread into the lymph nodes - I was not fortunate enough to have achieved early detection.

Before you make any decision about breast implants, ask yourself about your future breast health. It's hard to do a good mammogram with implants in place, and do you really want to mess with this part of your body? I have several friends who are also dealing with this horrific disease, and all of us are completely bewildered, some of us are dying - never imagined we would ever have to deal with something like this. People are being diagnosed younger and younger, and nobody seems to be immune.

I'm not saying that it's a really bad decision, but before you go ahead, make sure you know what this really means for the long term. Be informed - in the end, the only person able to be responsible for your health is you, and the consequences of a wrong decision can impact you for the rest of your life! No matter how good you think your lifestyle is, you might one day discover that it wasn't good enough after all - it happened to me! It can happen to anyone.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: July 08, 2006 05:20PM

vegangoddess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does being raw help decrease the chances of having
> complications while getting breast implants or
> does it actually increase chances of
> complications? Have any of you`ll had implants or
> know any raw food people that have? Been wondering
> this with a few friends for a bit...

Assuming you have your natural breasts, why would you want to get implants?

Natural is beautiful.

Date: July 08, 2006 06:00PM

thanks for your responses! The implants were not for me. I was just wondering about it as one of my friends is considering it, she is already 50% raw. She hasn`t fully made up her mind either. She was wondering about how food affects implants and I was curious as well. I wouldn`t like something artificial in me that could cause health problems and affect the children I will have someday, I think it`s sad how inadequate women can feel and think that having fake breasts will fix the problem but then again, it`s my opinion. My friend would say " That`s easy for you to say, you don`t know what it`s like" So I can`t much say anything to anyone about it. Others might have a valid reason for implants.

Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2006 06:00PM by vegangoddess.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: July 08, 2006 06:41PM

vegangoddess Wrote:
I was just wondering about it as one of my
> friends is considering it, she is already 50% raw.

My eyes popped out of my head when I read this thread. It's just unbelievable to me that someone who is conscious enough about health to be raw, even 50% raw, would consider doing this. Is she insane?

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 08, 2006 06:59PM

There's no valid reason for breast implants. Trading in your good health to conform to the "norm" is not the correct choice for anybody. If a person thinks they can do something potentially harmful to their body and then make up for it by eating raw food, that's just not the case.

Your friend's motivation for considering implants may be that she thinks she will not be loved without them. Not so!

On the other hand, maybe your friend just wants to be able to flaunt a great body for the fun of it, or the power of it. Wrong choice again. If that's the case, she should try to put off getting implants for a few more years to give herself a chance to be more emotionally mature before making a decision that could have devastating consequences for her health.

Best wishes, -Ally

PS: I have small breasts

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2006 07:06PM by Ally.

Date: July 08, 2006 08:06PM

My friend is into raw primarily to look good ( better skin, clearer complexion) and I suppose the road to perfection for her includes implants.
I feel bad about it because she is an amazing and totally beautiful ( inside and out) person and it surprises me but there is only so much I can say.
It`s hard tho, in this world, this crazy world of implants, botox and the like..

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 08, 2006 11:52PM

Yes, it can be so hard when you see someone you really care for making a decision you know could hurt them.

This is kind of like one of your other posts where you mentioned that people can be really good people without being into just raw food. It seems also that people can be really good people and still make a lot of mistakes.

Well, I guess we all have to learn some things the hard way. Sigh.

But at least your friend is lucky because you care for her!

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2006 11:58PM by Ally.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 09, 2006 12:20AM

I don't know your friend's age, but if she plans on having children in the future breast implants could prevent her from feeding her baby(s) mother's milk. When I was very young I wanted breast implants but when I learned this from a nurse friend I decided against them and am VERY glad I did.

Also if she is 50% raw it sounds like she sees VALUE in natural. If she is trying to attract men, she should be forewarned that many men who value Nature are turned off by fake breasts. And any man that really loves her will not judge her femininity by the size of her breasts.

To me, getting breast implants to look better is like using aspartame to keep from gaining weight -- a bad idea. Also, it could be very embarrassing in old age when the rest of the body softens and sags have such perky breasts.

One other thing: if she has not had children: I breastfed my son for several years and before I was pregnant I could not fill an A cup but ever since having and feeding a baby they grew and stayed grown even after I weaned him almost 17 years ago. (Actually went to C cup while nursing and returned back to a B cup rather than an A cup.)

For anyone that might have children: it would be heartbreaking to not be able to feed your baby the way Nature intended. It is important not only for the health of the baby but also wonderful for bonding and for the child to grew with a great sense of self-confidence.

Date: July 09, 2006 03:55PM

vegangoddess Wrote:
> My friend is into raw primarily to look good (
> better skin, clearer complexion) and I suppose the
> road to perfection for her includes implants.
> I feel bad about it because she is an amazing and
> totally beautiful ( inside and out) person and it
> surprises me but there is only so much I can say.
> It`s hard tho, in this world, this crazy world of
> implants, botox and the like..

Ok I get it now. She wants it to bolster low self-esteem. There's not too much you can do or say if she's bent on doing it, except let her know in detail of what has happened to others with bad implants, and the gory details of the side effects. Maybe it will wake her up to the risks and she'll get sane.

I have largish breasts and who cares. I think small breasts look better and they sure look more comfortable. I can't lay on my stomach comfortably and that gets in the way of massages and chiropractors. Gotta wear a proper bra for sports to avoid giving myself a black eye or a concussion. I've had my share of starers, too, and believe me I am so not hot. Pisses me off. How rude. With men who are really staring, I've said things like "Hey, I'm up here" (waving my hand up high) and "They can't speak. They're not gonna answer you."

Anyhow, good luck with her. She's lucky to have a friend like you.

Date: July 09, 2006 04:06PM

Good men prefer natural breats

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: July 09, 2006 04:20PM

24 Carrots Wrote:
> If she is trying to attract men,
> she should be forewarned that many men who value
> Nature are turned off by fake breasts. And any man
> that really loves her will not judge her
> femininity by the size of her breasts.

Amen 24! It's how a woman feels about herself that determines sexiness, IMO.

and greenie, you are hilarious!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:47PM

My hairstylist has had implants for many years now but when her daughter wanted to get them, she was like, do NOT do that to yourself. Here's what she had to say:

1. When you get bigger boobs your body senses that its natural proportion is off-balance, and thus you'll likely gain weight so the rest of your body can "catch up" to your larger breasts. This doesn't happen right away, it can take like a year or 2. My hairstylist said that her daughter finally believed her and stopped wanting implants once all her friends started gaining weight (the ones who got implants). I'm sure there are exceptions to the weight gain, but do you really want to take that chance?

2. You can't just get them taken out if you decide down the road that you don't like them. The implants destroy the surrounding breast tissue over time, so if you want a reduction, you actually have to get a smaller implant put in. My hairstylist is getting a reduction to go back to her original size, she's over the big boob thing.

Date: July 11, 2006 12:51AM

ooh thanks so much for all your advice. I gently told my friend everything you`ll have said and what I think and she said she will wait 6 months in order to think about it,. I think she is seriously reconsidering it!!

Cheers!!

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 01:17AM

that's good news! there is a girl in the hospitak here in Iowa fighting a presumed deadly infection from breast implants. Her body saw them as a forign substance and rejected them. Now she's fighting off an obviously avoidable infection. IF she makes it, she'll be one of the luckiest people in the world.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 11, 2006 01:37AM

I've seen some raw foodists getting implants, presumably to look good. But I thought they looked better and cuter before. They are also possibly not as healthy as before either.

I never thought that implanted breasts look better after than before. But what I am more curious about is: Wouldn't having implanted breasts feel weird?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: July 11, 2006 01:41AM

I looked at www.totallytraci.com and I thought that the lovely traci has implants or something cos she her top bits have ballooned over a period of time. Of course it`s none of my business but I agree that people look so much better natural and healthy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2006 01:42AM by vegangoddess.

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 05:54PM

victoria secret push-up bra's are the best thing for a better bit of cleavage. Implants are permenent abuse to your whole system. I mean when you're in your 70's and 80's, do you really want your chest to look like you're in your 20's? I know I don't! ! I think I would look mal-formed.

Date: July 11, 2006 09:21PM

luna_sky_1 Wrote:
> victoria secret push-up bra's are the best thing
> for a better bit of cleavage. Implants are
> permenent abuse to your whole system. I mean when
> you're in your 70's and 80's, do you really want
> your chest to look like you're in your 20's? I
> know I don't! ! I think I would look mal-formed.

I agree. And they looked malformed even on young-uns, They don't move naturally and i've heard they feel all different. Besides, who would want a man who goes for that falsie stuff, like a panting little dog. Is that they kind of guy you want hanging around? Yuck.

Date: July 12, 2006 11:49PM

I had saline implants put in (I was barely an A) at 18 years old, then taken out 7 years later. Most of the time I was uncomfortable with them. They didn't feel right, I felt MORE self-conscious with them and didn't think they looked very natural. I was ECSTATIC when I finally took them out. It took me so long to finally do it because I was afraid of the pain from surgery since it was EXCRUCIATINGLY painful when they were put in! Miracle of Miracles, I never took anything stronger than extra-strength Tylenol and only for two days!! I was driving my car two days after the surgery when I went back into the office for a follow-up. The nurses couldn't believe how good I looked considering I'd just had surgery. I believe God was honoring my decision to take them out and made it a virtually pain-free experience. I feel so much more sexy with my small breasts (my hubby loves them!) and they are actually perky!! I didn't have to get any replacement implants (I was a big B with implants).

My advice is to love what you have!! I certainly regret getting them......

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 13, 2006 12:10AM

Thanks, sierradawn!

Best,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: July 13, 2006 12:34AM

Insecurity (i.e., enslavement to the opinions of others and wanting to fit in) is not attractive.

Have you ever seen a woman with breast implants? They look stupid. They look like you stuffed a pair of large baseballs into your shirt. When you lie down, they point straight upward, like antiaircraft guns. Geeze.

Date: July 13, 2006 01:08AM

Real men prefer natural breats

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables